Feb 13, 2012, 7:27 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers tough guy Zac Rinaldo is making a name for himself – just not a particularly good one. He’s already been fined twice (in the same game) and now has a two-game suspension on his record.
Brendan Shanahan & Co. decided to hand him a two-game punishment because it was a charging hit and due to that recent history, but the edge was dulled because Detroit Red Wings defenseman Jonathan Ericsson didn’t appear to suffer an injury:
The mishap will set Rinaldo back a little less than $6,000. It will also place him under the “repeat offenders” category if he fouls up again soon. Let’s face it; that’s not exactly an unthinkable possibility.
What do you think? Was the suspension sufficient, excessive or too skimpy? Do tell.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8