Feb 13, 2012, 7:27 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers tough guy Zac Rinaldo is making a name for himself – just not a particularly good one. He’s already been fined twice (in the same game) and now has a two-game suspension on his record.
Brendan Shanahan & Co. decided to hand him a two-game punishment because it was a charging hit and due to that recent history, but the edge was dulled because Detroit Red Wings defenseman Jonathan Ericsson didn’t appear to suffer an injury:
The mishap will set Rinaldo back a little less than $6,000. It will also place him under the “repeat offenders” category if he fouls up again soon. Let’s face it; that’s not exactly an unthinkable possibility.
What do you think? Was the suspension sufficient, excessive or too skimpy? Do tell.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6