Feb 13, 2012, 7:27 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers tough guy Zac Rinaldo is making a name for himself – just not a particularly good one. He’s already been fined twice (in the same game) and now has a two-game suspension on his record.
Brendan Shanahan & Co. decided to hand him a two-game punishment because it was a charging hit and due to that recent history, but the edge was dulled because Detroit Red Wings defenseman Jonathan Ericsson didn’t appear to suffer an injury:
The mishap will set Rinaldo back a little less than $6,000. It will also place him under the “repeat offenders” category if he fouls up again soon. Let’s face it; that’s not exactly an unthinkable possibility.
What do you think? Was the suspension sufficient, excessive or too skimpy? Do tell.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)