Feb 13, 2012, 7:27 PM EST
Philadelphia Flyers tough guy Zac Rinaldo is making a name for himself – just not a particularly good one. He’s already been fined twice (in the same game) and now has a two-game suspension on his record.
Brendan Shanahan & Co. decided to hand him a two-game punishment because it was a charging hit and due to that recent history, but the edge was dulled because Detroit Red Wings defenseman Jonathan Ericsson didn’t appear to suffer an injury:
The mishap will set Rinaldo back a little less than $6,000. It will also place him under the “repeat offenders” category if he fouls up again soon. Let’s face it; that’s not exactly an unthinkable possibility.
What do you think? Was the suspension sufficient, excessive or too skimpy? Do tell.
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 3
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 24
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 38
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 12
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 63
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (166)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)