Feb 13, 2012, 8:49 PM EDT
Fill-in-the-blank bloggers are enduring a rough week-or-so.
First Scott Gomez finally scored a goal, ruining approximately five million knee-jerk Twitter memes in the process. Now the trade rumor community is holding its collective breath as Carolina Hurricanes power forward Tuomo Ruutu left tonight’s game with an upper-body injury and Chip Alexander reports that he won’t return.
In case you haven’t noticed, Ruutu has been the go-to choice for hypothetical trades for just about any team in need of a top-six forward (particularly one with some grit). Ruutu’s rugged game has its drawbacks, however, as he tends to take at least as much abuse as he dishes out.
It’s too early to tell if this is just a small hiccup or a big problem, but considering the notable lack of “sellers” in the trade market, things could get a lot less interesting in the rumor mill. /sheds single tear
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)