Feb 13, 2012, 8:49 PM EDT
Fill-in-the-blank bloggers are enduring a rough week-or-so.
First Scott Gomez finally scored a goal, ruining approximately five million knee-jerk Twitter memes in the process. Now the trade rumor community is holding its collective breath as Carolina Hurricanes power forward Tuomo Ruutu left tonight’s game with an upper-body injury and Chip Alexander reports that he won’t return.
In case you haven’t noticed, Ruutu has been the go-to choice for hypothetical trades for just about any team in need of a top-six forward (particularly one with some grit). Ruutu’s rugged game has its drawbacks, however, as he tends to take at least as much abuse as he dishes out.
It’s too early to tell if this is just a small hiccup or a big problem, but considering the notable lack of “sellers” in the trade market, things could get a lot less interesting in the rumor mill. /sheds single tear
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7