Feb 13, 2012, 4:29 PM EDT
On Saturday, Feb. 18, the Phoenix Coyotes are hosting “Coop’s Troop Night”, an event honoring United States service members in the most traditional way possible — handing out 10,000 bobbleheads of legendary shock rocker Alice Cooper!
“We are proud to host Coop’s Troops Night and honor our military service men and women who keep our country and state safe,” said Coyotes President and COO Mike Nealy. “We are excited to have Alice Cooper join us for this special night.”
Cooper will be in attendance for the game, perform the ceremonial puck drop and (hopefully) autograph several of the bobbleheads, which are the most lifelike bobbleheads ever produced. I mean, look at that thing — it’s got the makeup and the giant albino boa snake and everything.
This isn’t just some random publicity stunt for Cooper, either. He’s a big hockey fan (attended Phoenix’s 3-1 win over Detroit last week) that catches games in both Phoenix and Nashville, where he resides part-time.
Here’s Cooper at a Nashville-Detroit game last season, playing with noted Preds fan Vince Gill:
His love of hockey also extends to the menu at Alice Cooperstown Sports Bar & Grill, where you can get The Great One BBQ Sampler, a reference to former Coyotes coach Wayne Gretzky. You can also get Bo Outlaw’s Chicken Tenders, a reference to completely forgettable NBA journeyman Bo Outlaw. (Granted, his name is pretty cool.)
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 10
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 24
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 3
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 14
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)