Feb 13, 2012, 4:29 PM EDT
On Saturday, Feb. 18, the Phoenix Coyotes are hosting “Coop’s Troop Night”, an event honoring United States service members in the most traditional way possible — handing out 10,000 bobbleheads of legendary shock rocker Alice Cooper!
“We are proud to host Coop’s Troops Night and honor our military service men and women who keep our country and state safe,” said Coyotes President and COO Mike Nealy. “We are excited to have Alice Cooper join us for this special night.”
Cooper will be in attendance for the game, perform the ceremonial puck drop and (hopefully) autograph several of the bobbleheads, which are the most lifelike bobbleheads ever produced. I mean, look at that thing — it’s got the makeup and the giant albino boa snake and everything.
This isn’t just some random publicity stunt for Cooper, either. He’s a big hockey fan (attended Phoenix’s 3-1 win over Detroit last week) that catches games in both Phoenix and Nashville, where he resides part-time.
Here’s Cooper at a Nashville-Detroit game last season, playing with noted Preds fan Vince Gill:
His love of hockey also extends to the menu at Alice Cooperstown Sports Bar & Grill, where you can get The Great One BBQ Sampler, a reference to former Coyotes coach Wayne Gretzky. You can also get Bo Outlaw’s Chicken Tenders, a reference to completely forgettable NBA journeyman Bo Outlaw. (Granted, his name is pretty cool.)
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11