Feb 13, 2012, 4:29 PM EST
On Saturday, Feb. 18, the Phoenix Coyotes are hosting “Coop’s Troop Night”, an event honoring United States service members in the most traditional way possible — handing out 10,000 bobbleheads of legendary shock rocker Alice Cooper!
“We are proud to host Coop’s Troops Night and honor our military service men and women who keep our country and state safe,” said Coyotes President and COO Mike Nealy. “We are excited to have Alice Cooper join us for this special night.”
Cooper will be in attendance for the game, perform the ceremonial puck drop and (hopefully) autograph several of the bobbleheads, which are the most lifelike bobbleheads ever produced. I mean, look at that thing — it’s got the makeup and the giant albino boa snake and everything.
This isn’t just some random publicity stunt for Cooper, either. He’s a big hockey fan (attended Phoenix’s 3-1 win over Detroit last week) that catches games in both Phoenix and Nashville, where he resides part-time.
Here’s Cooper at a Nashville-Detroit game last season, playing with noted Preds fan Vince Gill:
His love of hockey also extends to the menu at Alice Cooperstown Sports Bar & Grill, where you can get The Great One BBQ Sampler, a reference to former Coyotes coach Wayne Gretzky. You can also get Bo Outlaw’s Chicken Tenders, a reference to completely forgettable NBA journeyman Bo Outlaw. (Granted, his name is pretty cool.)
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 64
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)