Feb 13, 2012, 4:29 PM EDT
On Saturday, Feb. 18, the Phoenix Coyotes are hosting “Coop’s Troop Night”, an event honoring United States service members in the most traditional way possible — handing out 10,000 bobbleheads of legendary shock rocker Alice Cooper!
“We are proud to host Coop’s Troops Night and honor our military service men and women who keep our country and state safe,” said Coyotes President and COO Mike Nealy. “We are excited to have Alice Cooper join us for this special night.”
Cooper will be in attendance for the game, perform the ceremonial puck drop and (hopefully) autograph several of the bobbleheads, which are the most lifelike bobbleheads ever produced. I mean, look at that thing — it’s got the makeup and the giant albino boa snake and everything.
This isn’t just some random publicity stunt for Cooper, either. He’s a big hockey fan (attended Phoenix’s 3-1 win over Detroit last week) that catches games in both Phoenix and Nashville, where he resides part-time.
Here’s Cooper at a Nashville-Detroit game last season, playing with noted Preds fan Vince Gill:
His love of hockey also extends to the menu at Alice Cooperstown Sports Bar & Grill, where you can get The Great One BBQ Sampler, a reference to former Coyotes coach Wayne Gretzky. You can also get Bo Outlaw’s Chicken Tenders, a reference to completely forgettable NBA journeyman Bo Outlaw. (Granted, his name is pretty cool.)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53