Feb 13, 2012, 4:29 PM EDT
On Saturday, Feb. 18, the Phoenix Coyotes are hosting “Coop’s Troop Night”, an event honoring United States service members in the most traditional way possible — handing out 10,000 bobbleheads of legendary shock rocker Alice Cooper!
“We are proud to host Coop’s Troops Night and honor our military service men and women who keep our country and state safe,” said Coyotes President and COO Mike Nealy. “We are excited to have Alice Cooper join us for this special night.”
Cooper will be in attendance for the game, perform the ceremonial puck drop and (hopefully) autograph several of the bobbleheads, which are the most lifelike bobbleheads ever produced. I mean, look at that thing — it’s got the makeup and the giant albino boa snake and everything.
This isn’t just some random publicity stunt for Cooper, either. He’s a big hockey fan (attended Phoenix’s 3-1 win over Detroit last week) that catches games in both Phoenix and Nashville, where he resides part-time.
Here’s Cooper at a Nashville-Detroit game last season, playing with noted Preds fan Vince Gill:
His love of hockey also extends to the menu at Alice Cooperstown Sports Bar & Grill, where you can get The Great One BBQ Sampler, a reference to former Coyotes coach Wayne Gretzky. You can also get Bo Outlaw’s Chicken Tenders, a reference to completely forgettable NBA journeyman Bo Outlaw. (Granted, his name is pretty cool.)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)