Feb 13, 2012, 5:55 PM EDT
The New York Rangers are in Boston tomorrow to play the Bruins in a potential Eastern Conference final matchup. Unfortunately, thousands of Rangers fans won’t be able to watch on TV.
A dispute between MSG Network and Time Warner Cable has meant more than 2 million subscribers have rarely been able to watch the Rangers, Devils, Islanders, Sabres and Knicks since Jan. 1.
“It’s miserable,” 25-year-old Manhattan resident Carl Tirella told the Associated Press. “I’m a die-hard Rangers fan. I can’t watch any Rangers games…I thought it was going to get resolved quickly but it’s been a month, a month and a half.”
If there’s any reason for optimism that a settlement could be reached soon, it might be the Knicks’ surprise sensation, Jeremy Lin.
We’re not sure if many hockey fans have heard, but things are getting pretty Linsane in the NBA these days. If MSG and Time Warner want to cash in on the madness, they’ll need to get back to the bargaining table.
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 4
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 23
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 40
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 16
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 31
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 94
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 38
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 62
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (91)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- LIVE: Heat, Pacers go to overtime in Game 1
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games