Feb 13, 2012, 10:38 PM EDT
Eric Staal‘s elbow on Tomas Plekanec might get some attention from the league, but Plekanec’s “reaction” certainly drew Mike Milbury’s ire. Delight in his rambunctious reaction to that hit and recent suspension-related trends (“Suspend me for liking it”) and relish Keith Jones’ attempt to play the devil’s advocate:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Staal ended up having a great game as his two goals helped trigger a 5-3 comeback win for the Carolina Hurricanes. Should the elder Staal brother sit out a couple games with a suspension for the hit, just get a fine or nothing at all?
Perhaps more importantly: do you find yourself aligned with Milbury’s viewpoint or do you oppose it? Share your thoughts in the comments (but try to be nice, please).
(Editor’s note: I might steal Milbury’s “Cry me a concussion river” line either way.)
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)