Feb 13, 2012, 10:38 PM EDT
Eric Staal‘s elbow on Tomas Plekanec might get some attention from the league, but Plekanec’s “reaction” certainly drew Mike Milbury’s ire. Delight in his rambunctious reaction to that hit and recent suspension-related trends (“Suspend me for liking it”) and relish Keith Jones’ attempt to play the devil’s advocate:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Staal ended up having a great game as his two goals helped trigger a 5-3 comeback win for the Carolina Hurricanes. Should the elder Staal brother sit out a couple games with a suspension for the hit, just get a fine or nothing at all?
Perhaps more importantly: do you find yourself aligned with Milbury’s viewpoint or do you oppose it? Share your thoughts in the comments (but try to be nice, please).
(Editor’s note: I might steal Milbury’s “Cry me a concussion river” line either way.)
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 4
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 58
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)