Feb 13, 2012, 10:38 PM EST
Eric Staal‘s elbow on Tomas Plekanec might get some attention from the league, but Plekanec’s “reaction” certainly drew Mike Milbury’s ire. Delight in his rambunctious reaction to that hit and recent suspension-related trends (“Suspend me for liking it”) and relish Keith Jones’ attempt to play the devil’s advocate:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Staal ended up having a great game as his two goals helped trigger a 5-3 comeback win for the Carolina Hurricanes. Should the elder Staal brother sit out a couple games with a suspension for the hit, just get a fine or nothing at all?
Perhaps more importantly: do you find yourself aligned with Milbury’s viewpoint or do you oppose it? Share your thoughts in the comments (but try to be nice, please).
(Editor’s note: I might steal Milbury’s “Cry me a concussion river” line either way.)
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 16
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 4
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 21
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)