Feb 13, 2012, 9:51 PM EDT
Mike Milbury and Keith Jones pontificate about the struggling Chicago Blackhawks, who are dealing with some injuries and an eight-game suspension. Milbury wonders if GM Stan Bowman might get a little antsy and make some changes amid his team’s tough times:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
An eight-game skid can cast a shadow of misery over many locker rooms. CSNChicago.com’s Chris Boden reveals that that Blackhawks are finding a way to have some fun in practice despite their slumping ways. Allegedly non-endangered coach Joel Quenneville discussed the infusion of levity.
“We tried to have a pulse that’s positive,” Quenneville said. “Coming off two tough road trips here, the mood’s down, and low, and we tried to instill some positive things, some fun drills, and try to get a little life.”
One thing lost in their ugly streak is that they’ve played seven of eight games away from the United Center – and things won’t get better immediately with a three-game trip beginning tomorrow. Perhaps some of Chicago’s early success was a bit of a mirage related to some home-heavy stretches, but there’s nothing wrong with a recent championship team lightening the mood.
After all, a little positivity might go a long way once the playoffs start and season records only matter so much.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)