Feb 13, 2012, 9:51 PM EST
Mike Milbury and Keith Jones pontificate about the struggling Chicago Blackhawks, who are dealing with some injuries and an eight-game suspension. Milbury wonders if GM Stan Bowman might get a little antsy and make some changes amid his team’s tough times:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
An eight-game skid can cast a shadow of misery over many locker rooms. CSNChicago.com’s Chris Boden reveals that that Blackhawks are finding a way to have some fun in practice despite their slumping ways. Allegedly non-endangered coach Joel Quenneville discussed the infusion of levity.
“We tried to have a pulse that’s positive,” Quenneville said. “Coming off two tough road trips here, the mood’s down, and low, and we tried to instill some positive things, some fun drills, and try to get a little life.”
One thing lost in their ugly streak is that they’ve played seven of eight games away from the United Center – and things won’t get better immediately with a three-game trip beginning tomorrow. Perhaps some of Chicago’s early success was a bit of a mirage related to some home-heavy stretches, but there’s nothing wrong with a recent championship team lightening the mood.
After all, a little positivity might go a long way once the playoffs start and season records only matter so much.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 36
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)