Feb 13, 2012, 9:51 PM EDT
Mike Milbury and Keith Jones pontificate about the struggling Chicago Blackhawks, who are dealing with some injuries and an eight-game suspension. Milbury wonders if GM Stan Bowman might get a little antsy and make some changes amid his team’s tough times:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
An eight-game skid can cast a shadow of misery over many locker rooms. CSNChicago.com’s Chris Boden reveals that that Blackhawks are finding a way to have some fun in practice despite their slumping ways. Allegedly non-endangered coach Joel Quenneville discussed the infusion of levity.
“We tried to have a pulse that’s positive,” Quenneville said. “Coming off two tough road trips here, the mood’s down, and low, and we tried to instill some positive things, some fun drills, and try to get a little life.”
One thing lost in their ugly streak is that they’ve played seven of eight games away from the United Center – and things won’t get better immediately with a three-game trip beginning tomorrow. Perhaps some of Chicago’s early success was a bit of a mirage related to some home-heavy stretches, but there’s nothing wrong with a recent championship team lightening the mood.
After all, a little positivity might go a long way once the playoffs start and season records only matter so much.
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 12
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 49
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)