Feb 13, 2012, 9:51 PM EDT
Mike Milbury and Keith Jones pontificate about the struggling Chicago Blackhawks, who are dealing with some injuries and an eight-game suspension. Milbury wonders if GM Stan Bowman might get a little antsy and make some changes amid his team’s tough times:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
An eight-game skid can cast a shadow of misery over many locker rooms. CSNChicago.com’s Chris Boden reveals that that Blackhawks are finding a way to have some fun in practice despite their slumping ways. Allegedly non-endangered coach Joel Quenneville discussed the infusion of levity.
“We tried to have a pulse that’s positive,” Quenneville said. “Coming off two tough road trips here, the mood’s down, and low, and we tried to instill some positive things, some fun drills, and try to get a little life.”
One thing lost in their ugly streak is that they’ve played seven of eight games away from the United Center – and things won’t get better immediately with a three-game trip beginning tomorrow. Perhaps some of Chicago’s early success was a bit of a mirage related to some home-heavy stretches, but there’s nothing wrong with a recent championship team lightening the mood.
After all, a little positivity might go a long way once the playoffs start and season records only matter so much.
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 3
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 12
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33