Feb 13, 2012, 9:51 PM EST
Mike Milbury and Keith Jones pontificate about the struggling Chicago Blackhawks, who are dealing with some injuries and an eight-game suspension. Milbury wonders if GM Stan Bowman might get a little antsy and make some changes amid his team’s tough times:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
An eight-game skid can cast a shadow of misery over many locker rooms. CSNChicago.com’s Chris Boden reveals that that Blackhawks are finding a way to have some fun in practice despite their slumping ways. Allegedly non-endangered coach Joel Quenneville discussed the infusion of levity.
“We tried to have a pulse that’s positive,” Quenneville said. “Coming off two tough road trips here, the mood’s down, and low, and we tried to instill some positive things, some fun drills, and try to get a little life.”
One thing lost in their ugly streak is that they’ve played seven of eight games away from the United Center – and things won’t get better immediately with a three-game trip beginning tomorrow. Perhaps some of Chicago’s early success was a bit of a mirage related to some home-heavy stretches, but there’s nothing wrong with a recent championship team lightening the mood.
After all, a little positivity might go a long way once the playoffs start and season records only matter so much.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 3
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 5
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8