Feb 13, 2012, 2:27 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have once again swapped minor-league forwards — but this time, it’s with the Anaheim Ducks.
Winnipeg has sent center Riley Holzapfel to Anaheim in exchange for Maxime Macenauer, who appeared in 29 games this season for the Ducks.
Holzapfel, 23, was taken by Atlanta in the second round of the 2006 draft, one spot ahead of Toronto’s Nikolai Kulemin (and seven spots ahead of Boston’s Milan Lucic.) He had 15 points in 29 games with AHL St. John’s this year and has yet to play an NHL contest.
Macenauer, also 23, was taken in the third round of the 2007 draft (the one where Dallas’ Jamie Benn inexplicably fell to the fifth round.) He captured Anaheim’s fourth-line center gig after a stellar training camp and preseason, emerging as an effective penalty-killer, but was deemed expendable after Anaheim acquired Rod Pelley.
As mentioned above, this is just the latest move Winnipeg’s made involving its farmhands — two weeks ago, the Jets sent forward Akim Aliu to Calgary in exchange for John Negrin.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 0
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 12
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 70
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 65
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)