Feb 13, 2012, 2:27 PM EST
The Winnipeg Jets have once again swapped minor-league forwards — but this time, it’s with the Anaheim Ducks.
Winnipeg has sent center Riley Holzapfel to Anaheim in exchange for Maxime Macenauer, who appeared in 29 games this season for the Ducks.
Holzapfel, 23, was taken by Atlanta in the second round of the 2006 draft, one spot ahead of Toronto’s Nikolai Kulemin (and seven spots ahead of Boston’s Milan Lucic.) He had 15 points in 29 games with AHL St. John’s this year and has yet to play an NHL contest.
Macenauer, also 23, was taken in the third round of the 2007 draft (the one where Dallas’ Jamie Benn inexplicably fell to the fifth round.) He captured Anaheim’s fourth-line center gig after a stellar training camp and preseason, emerging as an effective penalty-killer, but was deemed expendable after Anaheim acquired Rod Pelley.
As mentioned above, this is just the latest move Winnipeg’s made involving its farmhands — two weeks ago, the Jets sent forward Akim Aliu to Calgary in exchange for John Negrin.
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 14
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 25
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 29
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 53
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers host Flyers on Rivalry Night 4
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (53)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)