Feb 13, 2012, 2:27 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have once again swapped minor-league forwards — but this time, it’s with the Anaheim Ducks.
Winnipeg has sent center Riley Holzapfel to Anaheim in exchange for Maxime Macenauer, who appeared in 29 games this season for the Ducks.
Holzapfel, 23, was taken by Atlanta in the second round of the 2006 draft, one spot ahead of Toronto’s Nikolai Kulemin (and seven spots ahead of Boston’s Milan Lucic.) He had 15 points in 29 games with AHL St. John’s this year and has yet to play an NHL contest.
Macenauer, also 23, was taken in the third round of the 2007 draft (the one where Dallas’ Jamie Benn inexplicably fell to the fifth round.) He captured Anaheim’s fourth-line center gig after a stellar training camp and preseason, emerging as an effective penalty-killer, but was deemed expendable after Anaheim acquired Rod Pelley.
As mentioned above, this is just the latest move Winnipeg’s made involving its farmhands — two weeks ago, the Jets sent forward Akim Aliu to Calgary in exchange for John Negrin.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)