Feb 13, 2012, 2:27 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have once again swapped minor-league forwards — but this time, it’s with the Anaheim Ducks.
Winnipeg has sent center Riley Holzapfel to Anaheim in exchange for Maxime Macenauer, who appeared in 29 games this season for the Ducks.
Holzapfel, 23, was taken by Atlanta in the second round of the 2006 draft, one spot ahead of Toronto’s Nikolai Kulemin (and seven spots ahead of Boston’s Milan Lucic.) He had 15 points in 29 games with AHL St. John’s this year and has yet to play an NHL contest.
Macenauer, also 23, was taken in the third round of the 2007 draft (the one where Dallas’ Jamie Benn inexplicably fell to the fifth round.) He captured Anaheim’s fourth-line center gig after a stellar training camp and preseason, emerging as an effective penalty-killer, but was deemed expendable after Anaheim acquired Rod Pelley.
As mentioned above, this is just the latest move Winnipeg’s made involving its farmhands — two weeks ago, the Jets sent forward Akim Aliu to Calgary in exchange for John Negrin.
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 1
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 0
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 15
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 6
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 37
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 90
- Torres won’t appeal suspension, Sharks call punishment ‘grossly unfair’ 10
- Flyers owner Snider: ‘I didn’t pick Bryz’ 60
- Sens’ MacLean, Ducks’ Boudreau, Hawks’ Quenneville are Jack Adams finalists 23
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (90)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)