Feb 13, 2012, 2:27 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have once again swapped minor-league forwards — but this time, it’s with the Anaheim Ducks.
Winnipeg has sent center Riley Holzapfel to Anaheim in exchange for Maxime Macenauer, who appeared in 29 games this season for the Ducks.
Holzapfel, 23, was taken by Atlanta in the second round of the 2006 draft, one spot ahead of Toronto’s Nikolai Kulemin (and seven spots ahead of Boston’s Milan Lucic.) He had 15 points in 29 games with AHL St. John’s this year and has yet to play an NHL contest.
Macenauer, also 23, was taken in the third round of the 2007 draft (the one where Dallas’ Jamie Benn inexplicably fell to the fifth round.) He captured Anaheim’s fourth-line center gig after a stellar training camp and preseason, emerging as an effective penalty-killer, but was deemed expendable after Anaheim acquired Rod Pelley.
As mentioned above, this is just the latest move Winnipeg’s made involving its farmhands — two weeks ago, the Jets sent forward Akim Aliu to Calgary in exchange for John Negrin.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (75)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)