Feb 13, 2012, 1:37 PM EDT
Mike Green skated for more than hour today, an encouraging sign for a struggling Washington club that’s been without its top defenseman for most of the season.
“He’s feeling better every day,” said Capitals coach Dale Hunter, as per CSNWashington.com. “He’s right on schedule, but it takes time.”
Green had abdominal surgery on Jan. 17, a procedure that was expected to take four to six weeks of rehab.
The Caps (3-4-3 in their last 10) sit one point out a playoff spot and four back of the Southeast Division-leading Florida Panthers.
Washington hosts the Sharks tonight at the Verizon Center (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN).
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates, leaves early 1
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 23
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 14
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 27
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)