Feb 13, 2012, 1:37 PM EDT
Mike Green skated for more than hour today, an encouraging sign for a struggling Washington club that’s been without its top defenseman for most of the season.
“He’s feeling better every day,” said Capitals coach Dale Hunter, as per CSNWashington.com. “He’s right on schedule, but it takes time.”
Green had abdominal surgery on Jan. 17, a procedure that was expected to take four to six weeks of rehab.
The Caps (3-4-3 in their last 10) sit one point out a playoff spot and four back of the Southeast Division-leading Florida Panthers.
Washington hosts the Sharks tonight at the Verizon Center (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN).
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 15
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 25
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 30
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 27
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 13
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 51
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (51)