Feb 13, 2012, 1:37 PM EDT
Mike Green skated for more than hour today, an encouraging sign for a struggling Washington club that’s been without its top defenseman for most of the season.
“He’s feeling better every day,” said Capitals coach Dale Hunter, as per CSNWashington.com. “He’s right on schedule, but it takes time.”
Green had abdominal surgery on Jan. 17, a procedure that was expected to take four to six weeks of rehab.
The Caps (3-4-3 in their last 10) sit one point out a playoff spot and four back of the Southeast Division-leading Florida Panthers.
Washington hosts the Sharks tonight at the Verizon Center (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN).
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 0
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5