Feb 13, 2012, 1:37 PM EDT
Mike Green skated for more than hour today, an encouraging sign for a struggling Washington club that’s been without its top defenseman for most of the season.
“He’s feeling better every day,” said Capitals coach Dale Hunter, as per CSNWashington.com. “He’s right on schedule, but it takes time.”
Green had abdominal surgery on Jan. 17, a procedure that was expected to take four to six weeks of rehab.
The Caps (3-4-3 in their last 10) sit one point out a playoff spot and four back of the Southeast Division-leading Florida Panthers.
Washington hosts the Sharks tonight at the Verizon Center (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN).
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 1
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)