Feb 13, 2012, 1:37 PM EST
Mike Green skated for more than hour today, an encouraging sign for a struggling Washington club that’s been without its top defenseman for most of the season.
“He’s feeling better every day,” said Capitals coach Dale Hunter, as per CSNWashington.com. “He’s right on schedule, but it takes time.”
Green had abdominal surgery on Jan. 17, a procedure that was expected to take four to six weeks of rehab.
The Caps (3-4-3 in their last 10) sit one point out a playoff spot and four back of the Southeast Division-leading Florida Panthers.
Washington hosts the Sharks tonight at the Verizon Center (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN).
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 0
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5