Feb 13, 2012, 6:53 PM EDT
In the latest installment of CBC Radio 2’s “Shuffle Playlist” series, Hockey Night in Canada’s Don Cherry gives insight as to what kind of music’s stored on his iPod.
Cherry, 78, listens to the type of tunes you’d expect from someone born in 1934 — there’s some Frank Sinatra, a little Walter Huston and ZZ Top’s “Sharp Dressed Man”, for obvious reasons.
Oh yeah, he also likes the dulcet tones of Canadian progressive/house artist Deadmau5.
“I like all of Deadmau5’s music, but only play it is in my black 1983 Lincoln,” Cherry told CBC. “[It] gets me in a pumped-up mood.”
The Deadmau5 song Cherry has on his iPod is “Ghost N Stuff”, which goes a little something like this:
Not gonna lie — I did not see this coming. Even though he released a single in 1992 called “Rock ‘em Sock ‘em Techo,” I was always of the mindset Cherry would not be down with a guy that plays electronica while wearing a gigantic mouse head.
Guess I was wrong. Next stop: Coach’s Corner, live from Ibiza!
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)