Feb 13, 2012, 6:53 PM EDT
In the latest installment of CBC Radio 2’s “Shuffle Playlist” series, Hockey Night in Canada’s Don Cherry gives insight as to what kind of music’s stored on his iPod.
Cherry, 78, listens to the type of tunes you’d expect from someone born in 1934 — there’s some Frank Sinatra, a little Walter Huston and ZZ Top’s “Sharp Dressed Man”, for obvious reasons.
Oh yeah, he also likes the dulcet tones of Canadian progressive/house artist Deadmau5.
“I like all of Deadmau5’s music, but only play it is in my black 1983 Lincoln,” Cherry told CBC. “[It] gets me in a pumped-up mood.”
The Deadmau5 song Cherry has on his iPod is “Ghost N Stuff”, which goes a little something like this:
Not gonna lie — I did not see this coming. Even though he released a single in 1992 called “Rock ‘em Sock ‘em Techo,” I was always of the mindset Cherry would not be down with a guy that plays electronica while wearing a gigantic mouse head.
Guess I was wrong. Next stop: Coach’s Corner, live from Ibiza!
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 6
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 29
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)