Feb 13, 2012, 6:53 PM EDT
In the latest installment of CBC Radio 2’s “Shuffle Playlist” series, Hockey Night in Canada’s Don Cherry gives insight as to what kind of music’s stored on his iPod.
Cherry, 78, listens to the type of tunes you’d expect from someone born in 1934 — there’s some Frank Sinatra, a little Walter Huston and ZZ Top’s “Sharp Dressed Man”, for obvious reasons.
Oh yeah, he also likes the dulcet tones of Canadian progressive/house artist Deadmau5.
“I like all of Deadmau5’s music, but only play it is in my black 1983 Lincoln,” Cherry told CBC. “[It] gets me in a pumped-up mood.”
The Deadmau5 song Cherry has on his iPod is “Ghost N Stuff”, which goes a little something like this:
Not gonna lie — I did not see this coming. Even though he released a single in 1992 called “Rock ‘em Sock ‘em Techo,” I was always of the mindset Cherry would not be down with a guy that plays electronica while wearing a gigantic mouse head.
Guess I was wrong. Next stop: Coach’s Corner, live from Ibiza!
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 15
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 3
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 11
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)