Feb 13, 2012, 6:53 PM EST
In the latest installment of CBC Radio 2′s “Shuffle Playlist” series, Hockey Night in Canada’s Don Cherry gives insight as to what kind of music’s stored on his iPod.
Cherry, 78, listens to the type of tunes you’d expect from someone born in 1934 — there’s some Frank Sinatra, a little Walter Huston and ZZ Top’s “Sharp Dressed Man”, for obvious reasons.
Oh yeah, he also likes the dulcet tones of Canadian progressive/house artist Deadmau5.
“I like all of Deadmau5’s music, but only play it is in my black 1983 Lincoln,” Cherry told CBC. “[It] gets me in a pumped-up mood.”
The Deadmau5 song Cherry has on his iPod is “Ghost N Stuff”, which goes a little something like this:
Not gonna lie — I did not see this coming. Even though he released a single in 1992 called “Rock ‘em Sock ‘em Techo,” I was always of the mindset Cherry would not be down with a guy that plays electronica while wearing a gigantic mouse head.
Guess I was wrong. Next stop: Coach’s Corner, live from Ibiza!
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 42
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 86
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 81
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (81)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)