Feb 13, 2012, 6:53 PM EST
In the latest installment of CBC Radio 2’s “Shuffle Playlist” series, Hockey Night in Canada’s Don Cherry gives insight as to what kind of music’s stored on his iPod.
Cherry, 78, listens to the type of tunes you’d expect from someone born in 1934 — there’s some Frank Sinatra, a little Walter Huston and ZZ Top’s “Sharp Dressed Man”, for obvious reasons.
Oh yeah, he also likes the dulcet tones of Canadian progressive/house artist Deadmau5.
“I like all of Deadmau5’s music, but only play it is in my black 1983 Lincoln,” Cherry told CBC. “[It] gets me in a pumped-up mood.”
The Deadmau5 song Cherry has on his iPod is “Ghost N Stuff”, which goes a little something like this:
Not gonna lie — I did not see this coming. Even though he released a single in 1992 called “Rock ‘em Sock ‘em Techo,” I was always of the mindset Cherry would not be down with a guy that plays electronica while wearing a gigantic mouse head.
Guess I was wrong. Next stop: Coach’s Corner, live from Ibiza!
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 57
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 72
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (72)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)