Feb 13, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
“It’s pretty nice to go the other way, that’s for sure,” Higgins said, as per the team’s website. “I’m enjoying dessert after meals and I don’t have to worry too much about how many calories I’m taking in, that’s the good part of it. Going up in weight is more fun than trying to shed it.”
Higgins has missed the last five games after a negative reaction to some antibiotics (staph infection) kept him from keeping his food down. He skated with his teammates this morning, but isn’t expected to play tonight versus the Coyotes at Rogers Arena.
Whether staph infections continue to pose problems for Higgins remains a concern. Today he was asked by reporters if he’d considered taking bleach baths as an alternative to antibiotics.
Yes, bleach baths – apparently they’re used to treat staph infections on occasion.
“I’ve been told to try a couple of those,” Higgins said. “We’ll see. It doesn’t sound particularly inviting, but it’s certainly an option. I don’t want to be known as a sick guy — I want to shed that image. If I get a cut, I’ve got to take care of any openings on my body.”
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 4
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 24
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 34
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 18
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)