Feb 13, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
“It’s pretty nice to go the other way, that’s for sure,” Higgins said, as per the team’s website. “I’m enjoying dessert after meals and I don’t have to worry too much about how many calories I’m taking in, that’s the good part of it. Going up in weight is more fun than trying to shed it.”
Higgins has missed the last five games after a negative reaction to some antibiotics (staph infection) kept him from keeping his food down. He skated with his teammates this morning, but isn’t expected to play tonight versus the Coyotes at Rogers Arena.
Whether staph infections continue to pose problems for Higgins remains a concern. Today he was asked by reporters if he’d considered taking bleach baths as an alternative to antibiotics.
Yes, bleach baths – apparently they’re used to treat staph infections on occasion.
“I’ve been told to try a couple of those,” Higgins said. “We’ll see. It doesn’t sound particularly inviting, but it’s certainly an option. I don’t want to be known as a sick guy — I want to shed that image. If I get a cut, I’ve got to take care of any openings on my body.”
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 6
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 34
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 73
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 32
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 63
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)