Feb 13, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
“It’s pretty nice to go the other way, that’s for sure,” Higgins said, as per the team’s website. “I’m enjoying dessert after meals and I don’t have to worry too much about how many calories I’m taking in, that’s the good part of it. Going up in weight is more fun than trying to shed it.”
Higgins has missed the last five games after a negative reaction to some antibiotics (staph infection) kept him from keeping his food down. He skated with his teammates this morning, but isn’t expected to play tonight versus the Coyotes at Rogers Arena.
Whether staph infections continue to pose problems for Higgins remains a concern. Today he was asked by reporters if he’d considered taking bleach baths as an alternative to antibiotics.
Yes, bleach baths – apparently they’re used to treat staph infections on occasion.
“I’ve been told to try a couple of those,” Higgins said. “We’ll see. It doesn’t sound particularly inviting, but it’s certainly an option. I don’t want to be known as a sick guy — I want to shed that image. If I get a cut, I’ve got to take care of any openings on my body.”
- Report: Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 0
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 7
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 23
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 53
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)