Feb 13, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
“It’s pretty nice to go the other way, that’s for sure,” Higgins said, as per the team’s website. “I’m enjoying dessert after meals and I don’t have to worry too much about how many calories I’m taking in, that’s the good part of it. Going up in weight is more fun than trying to shed it.”
Higgins has missed the last five games after a negative reaction to some antibiotics (staph infection) kept him from keeping his food down. He skated with his teammates this morning, but isn’t expected to play tonight versus the Coyotes at Rogers Arena.
Whether staph infections continue to pose problems for Higgins remains a concern. Today he was asked by reporters if he’d considered taking bleach baths as an alternative to antibiotics.
Yes, bleach baths – apparently they’re used to treat staph infections on occasion.
“I’ve been told to try a couple of those,” Higgins said. “We’ll see. It doesn’t sound particularly inviting, but it’s certainly an option. I don’t want to be known as a sick guy — I want to shed that image. If I get a cut, I’ve got to take care of any openings on my body.”
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 0
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 31
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21