Feb 13, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
“It’s pretty nice to go the other way, that’s for sure,” Higgins said, as per the team’s website. “I’m enjoying dessert after meals and I don’t have to worry too much about how many calories I’m taking in, that’s the good part of it. Going up in weight is more fun than trying to shed it.”
Higgins has missed the last five games after a negative reaction to some antibiotics (staph infection) kept him from keeping his food down. He skated with his teammates this morning, but isn’t expected to play tonight versus the Coyotes at Rogers Arena.
Whether staph infections continue to pose problems for Higgins remains a concern. Today he was asked by reporters if he’d considered taking bleach baths as an alternative to antibiotics.
Yes, bleach baths – apparently they’re used to treat staph infections on occasion.
“I’ve been told to try a couple of those,” Higgins said. “We’ll see. It doesn’t sound particularly inviting, but it’s certainly an option. I don’t want to be known as a sick guy — I want to shed that image. If I get a cut, I’ve got to take care of any openings on my body.”
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 26
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)