Feb 13, 2012, 11:56 AM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov knows he’s not feeling well.
But as to why he’s not feeling well?
“I’m still sick,” Bryzgalov told CSN’s Tim Panaccio on Sunday. “I have no idea what [it is]. I’m not a doctor. I wasn’t throwing up.”
The $51-million man has missed Philly’s last three games with the illness and was dropped from the lineup entirely in a 5-2 loss to the Rangers (Jason Bacashihua was recalled from the AHL to back up Sergei Bobrovsky.) Bryz was healthy enough to back up Bob in Detroit last night, but said he’s still not feeling up to snuff.
“I can’t breath normally,” he said. “I have a sore throat. Headaches.”
There does appear to be a light and the end of the tunnel, however. Bryzgalov has started reacting positively to antibiotics and with the Flyers in the midst of a four-day break, there’s a good chance he’ll recover in time to face the Sabres on Thursday.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 22
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (49)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)