Feb 13, 2012, 11:56 AM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov knows he’s not feeling well.
But as to why he’s not feeling well?
“I’m still sick,” Bryzgalov told CSN’s Tim Panaccio on Sunday. “I have no idea what [it is]. I’m not a doctor. I wasn’t throwing up.”
The $51-million man has missed Philly’s last three games with the illness and was dropped from the lineup entirely in a 5-2 loss to the Rangers (Jason Bacashihua was recalled from the AHL to back up Sergei Bobrovsky.) Bryz was healthy enough to back up Bob in Detroit last night, but said he’s still not feeling up to snuff.
“I can’t breath normally,” he said. “I have a sore throat. Headaches.”
There does appear to be a light and the end of the tunnel, however. Bryzgalov has started reacting positively to antibiotics and with the Flyers in the midst of a four-day break, there’s a good chance he’ll recover in time to face the Sabres on Thursday.
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 0
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 2
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 10
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 26
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 12
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 68
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination