Feb 13, 2012, 2:12 PM EDT
To all those wondering if Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville will be fired, stop wondering. Chicago general manager Stan Bowman is “absolutely” sure of that, reports CSNChicago.com.
“That’s not the concern for me at all. I’m very confident in Joel’s ability, our coaching staff’s ability,” Bowman said today.
The ‘Hawks have lost eight in a row, a stretch that’s seen them outscored 35-15. Thus, all the wondering about Quenneville’s job security. However, Bowman isn’t concerned that the coach’s message is being lost on the players.
“These players are on board with us,” said Bowman. “They believe in this group (of coaches). We’re not far. We need to get this turned around, but we’re not far from making it work.”
Chicago is in Nashville tomorrow to face a Predators team that’s 17-7-4 at home. After that, it’s a visit to Madison Square Garden to play the Rangers (18-6-2 at home.)
PS — Bowman also commented on his team’s struggling goalie tandem as the Feb. 27 trade deadline approaches: “We’re not focused on goaltending. We’re really not.”
In a related story, Bowman isn’t being defensive…. You’re the one that’s being defensive. Why is it always the other person who’s being defensive? Have you ever asked yourself that? Why don’t you ask yourself that?
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 15
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 76
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 67
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (80)