Feb 13, 2012, 2:12 PM EDT
To all those wondering if Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville will be fired, stop wondering. Chicago general manager Stan Bowman is “absolutely” sure of that, reports CSNChicago.com.
“That’s not the concern for me at all. I’m very confident in Joel’s ability, our coaching staff’s ability,” Bowman said today.
The ‘Hawks have lost eight in a row, a stretch that’s seen them outscored 35-15. Thus, all the wondering about Quenneville’s job security. However, Bowman isn’t concerned that the coach’s message is being lost on the players.
“These players are on board with us,” said Bowman. “They believe in this group (of coaches). We’re not far. We need to get this turned around, but we’re not far from making it work.”
Chicago is in Nashville tomorrow to face a Predators team that’s 17-7-4 at home. After that, it’s a visit to Madison Square Garden to play the Rangers (18-6-2 at home.)
PS — Bowman also commented on his team’s struggling goalie tandem as the Feb. 27 trade deadline approaches: “We’re not focused on goaltending. We’re really not.”
In a related story, Bowman isn’t being defensive…. You’re the one that’s being defensive. Why is it always the other person who’s being defensive? Have you ever asked yourself that? Why don’t you ask yourself that?
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 87
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 38
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 72
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7