Feb 13, 2012, 2:12 PM EST
To all those wondering if Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville will be fired, stop wondering. Chicago general manager Stan Bowman is “absolutely” sure of that, reports CSNChicago.com.
“That’s not the concern for me at all. I’m very confident in Joel’s ability, our coaching staff’s ability,” Bowman said today.
The ‘Hawks have lost eight in a row, a stretch that’s seen them outscored 35-15. Thus, all the wondering about Quenneville’s job security. However, Bowman isn’t concerned that the coach’s message is being lost on the players.
“These players are on board with us,” said Bowman. “They believe in this group (of coaches). We’re not far. We need to get this turned around, but we’re not far from making it work.”
Chicago is in Nashville tomorrow to face a Predators team that’s 17-7-4 at home. After that, it’s a visit to Madison Square Garden to play the Rangers (18-6-2 at home.)
PS — Bowman also commented on his team’s struggling goalie tandem as the Feb. 27 trade deadline approaches: “We’re not focused on goaltending. We’re really not.”
In a related story, Bowman isn’t being defensive…. You’re the one that’s being defensive. Why is it always the other person who’s being defensive? Have you ever asked yourself that? Why don’t you ask yourself that?
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 0
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 87
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 98
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 7
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (97)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (94)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (89)