Feb 13, 2012, 2:12 PM EDT
To all those wondering if Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville will be fired, stop wondering. Chicago general manager Stan Bowman is “absolutely” sure of that, reports CSNChicago.com.
“That’s not the concern for me at all. I’m very confident in Joel’s ability, our coaching staff’s ability,” Bowman said today.
The ‘Hawks have lost eight in a row, a stretch that’s seen them outscored 35-15. Thus, all the wondering about Quenneville’s job security. However, Bowman isn’t concerned that the coach’s message is being lost on the players.
“These players are on board with us,” said Bowman. “They believe in this group (of coaches). We’re not far. We need to get this turned around, but we’re not far from making it work.”
Chicago is in Nashville tomorrow to face a Predators team that’s 17-7-4 at home. After that, it’s a visit to Madison Square Garden to play the Rangers (18-6-2 at home.)
PS — Bowman also commented on his team’s struggling goalie tandem as the Feb. 27 trade deadline approaches: “We’re not focused on goaltending. We’re really not.”
In a related story, Bowman isn’t being defensive…. You’re the one that’s being defensive. Why is it always the other person who’s being defensive? Have you ever asked yourself that? Why don’t you ask yourself that?
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 5
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 28
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 14
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)