Feb 13, 2012, 2:12 PM EDT
To all those wondering if Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville will be fired, stop wondering. Chicago general manager Stan Bowman is “absolutely” sure of that, reports CSNChicago.com.
“That’s not the concern for me at all. I’m very confident in Joel’s ability, our coaching staff’s ability,” Bowman said today.
The ‘Hawks have lost eight in a row, a stretch that’s seen them outscored 35-15. Thus, all the wondering about Quenneville’s job security. However, Bowman isn’t concerned that the coach’s message is being lost on the players.
“These players are on board with us,” said Bowman. “They believe in this group (of coaches). We’re not far. We need to get this turned around, but we’re not far from making it work.”
Chicago is in Nashville tomorrow to face a Predators team that’s 17-7-4 at home. After that, it’s a visit to Madison Square Garden to play the Rangers (18-6-2 at home.)
PS — Bowman also commented on his team’s struggling goalie tandem as the Feb. 27 trade deadline approaches: “We’re not focused on goaltending. We’re really not.”
In a related story, Bowman isn’t being defensive…. You’re the one that’s being defensive. Why is it always the other person who’s being defensive? Have you ever asked yourself that? Why don’t you ask yourself that?
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 8
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40