Feb 13, 2012, 4:57 PM EDT
Colorado center Matt Duchene took another big step in his recovery from a knee injury today, skating with teammates for the first time in over a month and a half.
Duchene hurt his left knee on Dec. 29 in a 3-2 win over Phoenix after getting tangled and catching a rut while checking Rostislav Klesla. The original diagnosis was a four-week recovery period, only to be pushed back after Duchene struggled with his skating in individual sessions.
The third-year pro was quite excited about his return to practice, something he shared by using the Twitter machine’s magical powers:
“He looked good out there,” Colorado center Paul Stastny said of Duchene. “It’s good to see him with a smile on his face, and hopefully he can be back with us real soon.”
Duchene had 12G-12A-24PTS in 39 games prior to getting hurt, averaging over 17 minutes per contest. The Denver Post reports he’s unlikely to play on Wednesday when the Avs face the Canucks in Vancouver, but will travel with teammates as they continue on to Edmonton and Winnipeg.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)