Feb 13, 2012, 4:57 PM EDT
Colorado center Matt Duchene took another big step in his recovery from a knee injury today, skating with teammates for the first time in over a month and a half.
Duchene hurt his left knee on Dec. 29 in a 3-2 win over Phoenix after getting tangled and catching a rut while checking Rostislav Klesla. The original diagnosis was a four-week recovery period, only to be pushed back after Duchene struggled with his skating in individual sessions.
The third-year pro was quite excited about his return to practice, something he shared by using the Twitter machine’s magical powers:
“He looked good out there,” Colorado center Paul Stastny said of Duchene. “It’s good to see him with a smile on his face, and hopefully he can be back with us real soon.”
Duchene had 12G-12A-24PTS in 39 games prior to getting hurt, averaging over 17 minutes per contest. The Denver Post reports he’s unlikely to play on Wednesday when the Avs face the Canucks in Vancouver, but will travel with teammates as they continue on to Edmonton and Winnipeg.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 6
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 15
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)