Feb 13, 2012, 4:57 PM EST
Colorado center Matt Duchene took another big step in his recovery from a knee injury today, skating with teammates for the first time in over a month and a half.
Duchene hurt his left knee on Dec. 29 in a 3-2 win over Phoenix after getting tangled and catching a rut while checking Rostislav Klesla. The original diagnosis was a four-week recovery period, only to be pushed back after Duchene struggled with his skating in individual sessions.
The third-year pro was quite excited about his return to practice, something he shared by using the Twitter machine’s magical powers:
“He looked good out there,” Colorado center Paul Stastny said of Duchene. “It’s good to see him with a smile on his face, and hopefully he can be back with us real soon.”
Duchene had 12G-12A-24PTS in 39 games prior to getting hurt, averaging over 17 minutes per contest. The Denver Post reports he’s unlikely to play on Wednesday when the Avs face the Canucks in Vancouver, but will travel with teammates as they continue on to Edmonton and Winnipeg.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 89
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (89)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)