Feb 12, 2012, 5:28 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks aren’t just in a funk after losing eight straight games, they’ve got some serious problems to deal with.
Last night’s 3-0 loss to the Coyotes at Jobing.com Arena in Glendale, the Blackhawks are doing a lot of introspection to figure out how they can get things turned around. During their slide Chicago has fallen to sixth in the Western Conference and are 11 points back of Detroit in the Central.
“You need every guy in the room,” said Patrick Kane, who’s been way too quiet this season. “When we were successful, whether last year or the year before, we had a lot of depth, a lot of players stepping up beyond their game. That goes for me and for anyone in the room.”
While it’s up to everyone else to help turn things around, the front office will have something to say about it as well. Myers says that change is coming for this team one way or another whether it’s via trade (to get goaltending help to relieve Corey Crawford and Ray Emery) or possibly even firing coach Joel Quenneville. As for Quenneville, he remains stoic in the face of disaster.
“We need everybody on board,” Quenneville said. “We’re not thinking about standings right now. We’re thinking of trying to win a game.”
Winning is something the Blackhawks haven’t done since January 20 at home against Florida. With three more games left on their nine-game road trip, they’ll need to get it figured out against Nashville, the Rangers, and Columbus. If they don’t have it figured out after that, the team might look drastically different by this time next week.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 9
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 15
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)