Feb 12, 2012, 8:34 PM EST
Before Sunday’s game, Hockey Fights hadn’t credited 35-year-old Lubomir Visnovsky with a single fight over the course of his NHL career. Then he decided to trade blows with Derick Brassard and, well, you can see what happened below.
Brassard doesn’t exactly have a long and illustrious career as a fighter either, but we think he got the better end of this exchange. On top of the standard five minutes for fighting, Visnovsky was also given a roughing minor and a game misconduct. Needless to say, we don’t expect Visnovsky to make a habit of dropping the glove.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 40
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32