Feb 12, 2012, 8:34 PM EDT
Before Sunday’s game, Hockey Fights hadn’t credited 35-year-old Lubomir Visnovsky with a single fight over the course of his NHL career. Then he decided to trade blows with Derick Brassard and, well, you can see what happened below.
Brassard doesn’t exactly have a long and illustrious career as a fighter either, but we think he got the better end of this exchange. On top of the standard five minutes for fighting, Visnovsky was also given a roughing minor and a game misconduct. Needless to say, we don’t expect Visnovsky to make a habit of dropping the glove.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 4
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31