Feb 12, 2012, 8:34 PM EDT
Before Sunday’s game, Hockey Fights hadn’t credited 35-year-old Lubomir Visnovsky with a single fight over the course of his NHL career. Then he decided to trade blows with Derick Brassard and, well, you can see what happened below.
Brassard doesn’t exactly have a long and illustrious career as a fighter either, but we think he got the better end of this exchange. On top of the standard five minutes for fighting, Visnovsky was also given a roughing minor and a game misconduct. Needless to say, we don’t expect Visnovsky to make a habit of dropping the glove.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 9
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 31
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 71
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'