Feb 12, 2012, 11:12 AM EST
With the trade deadline approaching and the Ducks on the brink of being irrelevant in the playoff race, the vultures are circling and the one guy a lot of playoff teams want to pick off is Teemu Selanne.
According to Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register however, Selanne isn’t thinking about getting moved out of town any time soon even when he’s asked nicely about it.
“I have tried to avoid that question,” Selanne said. “We still have (hope). Everybody in this room believes that we can make the playoffs and I think that would be almost wrong to even think about any other options. That’s not in my mind right now. Let’s see what happens.”
Selanne admitted that the road trip the team is on will likely determine how serious they are to make a run at the postseason. As it is the Ducks are just one game into it, a loss in the shootout to Detroit. With seven more games to go before they get home just a few days before the deadline, watching the Ducks comes with a lot of interest for teams like Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Jose, the Rangers, and Pittsburgh when it comes to wanting to acquire Selanne.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (81)