Feb 12, 2012, 11:12 AM EDT
With the trade deadline approaching and the Ducks on the brink of being irrelevant in the playoff race, the vultures are circling and the one guy a lot of playoff teams want to pick off is Teemu Selanne.
According to Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register however, Selanne isn’t thinking about getting moved out of town any time soon even when he’s asked nicely about it.
“I have tried to avoid that question,” Selanne said. “We still have (hope). Everybody in this room believes that we can make the playoffs and I think that would be almost wrong to even think about any other options. That’s not in my mind right now. Let’s see what happens.”
Selanne admitted that the road trip the team is on will likely determine how serious they are to make a run at the postseason. As it is the Ducks are just one game into it, a loss in the shootout to Detroit. With seven more games to go before they get home just a few days before the deadline, watching the Ducks comes with a lot of interest for teams like Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Jose, the Rangers, and Pittsburgh when it comes to wanting to acquire Selanne.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5