Feb 12, 2012, 11:12 AM EDT
With the trade deadline approaching and the Ducks on the brink of being irrelevant in the playoff race, the vultures are circling and the one guy a lot of playoff teams want to pick off is Teemu Selanne.
According to Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register however, Selanne isn’t thinking about getting moved out of town any time soon even when he’s asked nicely about it.
“I have tried to avoid that question,” Selanne said. “We still have (hope). Everybody in this room believes that we can make the playoffs and I think that would be almost wrong to even think about any other options. That’s not in my mind right now. Let’s see what happens.”
Selanne admitted that the road trip the team is on will likely determine how serious they are to make a run at the postseason. As it is the Ducks are just one game into it, a loss in the shootout to Detroit. With seven more games to go before they get home just a few days before the deadline, watching the Ducks comes with a lot of interest for teams like Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Jose, the Rangers, and Pittsburgh when it comes to wanting to acquire Selanne.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)