Feb 12, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
With the Kings’ offense being one of the worst in the NHL, getting some good news regarding Simon Gagne is a welcome thing.
Fortunately for Los Angeles, it’s just what they’re getting. Rich Hammond of L.A. Kings Insider reports that Gagne skated for the first time since being knocked out of commission with a concussion back on December 26. While Gagne’s status as to when he’ll be able to return is still unknown, getting him back out on the ice skating is a great first step in his recovery.
With Gagne out of the lineup, the Kings have done some radical things to try and find a way to score more goals. Gagne’s linemate Mike Richards had two AHL call-ups on his line for yesterday’s overtime loss to the Islanders. Suffice to say, Dwight King and Jordan Nolan aren’t the answers the Kings are looking for to get the team going, but they’re doing what they can with what they have.
Should Gagne be able to return this season, he gives the Kings someone with some offensive skill to play amongst their top six forwards. Whether Gagne can return or not shouldn’t stop Kings GM Dean Lombardi from looking for offensive help at the trade deadline, however.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 1
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 39
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)