Feb 12, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
With the Kings’ offense being one of the worst in the NHL, getting some good news regarding Simon Gagne is a welcome thing.
Fortunately for Los Angeles, it’s just what they’re getting. Rich Hammond of L.A. Kings Insider reports that Gagne skated for the first time since being knocked out of commission with a concussion back on December 26. While Gagne’s status as to when he’ll be able to return is still unknown, getting him back out on the ice skating is a great first step in his recovery.
With Gagne out of the lineup, the Kings have done some radical things to try and find a way to score more goals. Gagne’s linemate Mike Richards had two AHL call-ups on his line for yesterday’s overtime loss to the Islanders. Suffice to say, Dwight King and Jordan Nolan aren’t the answers the Kings are looking for to get the team going, but they’re doing what they can with what they have.
Should Gagne be able to return this season, he gives the Kings someone with some offensive skill to play amongst their top six forwards. Whether Gagne can return or not shouldn’t stop Kings GM Dean Lombardi from looking for offensive help at the trade deadline, however.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 10
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)