Feb 12, 2012, 4:13 PM EST
With the Kings’ offense being one of the worst in the NHL, getting some good news regarding Simon Gagne is a welcome thing.
Fortunately for Los Angeles, it’s just what they’re getting. Rich Hammond of L.A. Kings Insider reports that Gagne skated for the first time since being knocked out of commission with a concussion back on December 26. While Gagne’s status as to when he’ll be able to return is still unknown, getting him back out on the ice skating is a great first step in his recovery.
With Gagne out of the lineup, the Kings have done some radical things to try and find a way to score more goals. Gagne’s linemate Mike Richards had two AHL call-ups on his line for yesterday’s overtime loss to the Islanders. Suffice to say, Dwight King and Jordan Nolan aren’t the answers the Kings are looking for to get the team going, but they’re doing what they can with what they have.
Should Gagne be able to return this season, he gives the Kings someone with some offensive skill to play amongst their top six forwards. Whether Gagne can return or not shouldn’t stop Kings GM Dean Lombardi from looking for offensive help at the trade deadline, however.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 27
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 84
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)