Feb 12, 2012, 4:13 PM EST
With the Kings’ offense being one of the worst in the NHL, getting some good news regarding Simon Gagne is a welcome thing.
Fortunately for Los Angeles, it’s just what they’re getting. Rich Hammond of L.A. Kings Insider reports that Gagne skated for the first time since being knocked out of commission with a concussion back on December 26. While Gagne’s status as to when he’ll be able to return is still unknown, getting him back out on the ice skating is a great first step in his recovery.
With Gagne out of the lineup, the Kings have done some radical things to try and find a way to score more goals. Gagne’s linemate Mike Richards had two AHL call-ups on his line for yesterday’s overtime loss to the Islanders. Suffice to say, Dwight King and Jordan Nolan aren’t the answers the Kings are looking for to get the team going, but they’re doing what they can with what they have.
Should Gagne be able to return this season, he gives the Kings someone with some offensive skill to play amongst their top six forwards. Whether Gagne can return or not shouldn’t stop Kings GM Dean Lombardi from looking for offensive help at the trade deadline, however.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14