Feb 12, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
With the Kings’ offense being one of the worst in the NHL, getting some good news regarding Simon Gagne is a welcome thing.
Fortunately for Los Angeles, it’s just what they’re getting. Rich Hammond of L.A. Kings Insider reports that Gagne skated for the first time since being knocked out of commission with a concussion back on December 26. While Gagne’s status as to when he’ll be able to return is still unknown, getting him back out on the ice skating is a great first step in his recovery.
With Gagne out of the lineup, the Kings have done some radical things to try and find a way to score more goals. Gagne’s linemate Mike Richards had two AHL call-ups on his line for yesterday’s overtime loss to the Islanders. Suffice to say, Dwight King and Jordan Nolan aren’t the answers the Kings are looking for to get the team going, but they’re doing what they can with what they have.
Should Gagne be able to return this season, he gives the Kings someone with some offensive skill to play amongst their top six forwards. Whether Gagne can return or not shouldn’t stop Kings GM Dean Lombardi from looking for offensive help at the trade deadline, however.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)