Feb 12, 2012, 2:16 PM EDT
When Ryan Callahan was named captain of the Rangers it was seen as a no-brainer move by most Rangers fans and outsiders. Callahan is the heart and soul of the team and the guy that not only gets it done playing physically but also by scoring goals.
After a hat trick yesterday against the Flyers and scoring a goal today against the Capitals, he’s one short of his career high.
More importantly for the Rangers, they view him as a guy that leads by example. Check out what the Rangers say about Callahan as well as Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury’s thoughts on him.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 65
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)