Feb 12, 2012, 2:16 PM EDT
When Ryan Callahan was named captain of the Rangers it was seen as a no-brainer move by most Rangers fans and outsiders. Callahan is the heart and soul of the team and the guy that not only gets it done playing physically but also by scoring goals.
After a hat trick yesterday against the Flyers and scoring a goal today against the Capitals, he’s one short of his career high.
More importantly for the Rangers, they view him as a guy that leads by example. Check out what the Rangers say about Callahan as well as Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury’s thoughts on him.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 14
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 12
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 28
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)