Feb 12, 2012, 2:16 PM EST
When Ryan Callahan was named captain of the Rangers it was seen as a no-brainer move by most Rangers fans and outsiders. Callahan is the heart and soul of the team and the guy that not only gets it done playing physically but also by scoring goals.
After a hat trick yesterday against the Flyers and scoring a goal today against the Capitals, he’s one short of his career high.
More importantly for the Rangers, they view him as a guy that leads by example. Check out what the Rangers say about Callahan as well as Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury’s thoughts on him.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 22
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 42
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 65
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 46
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)