Feb 12, 2012, 7:02 PM EDT
Nagging injuries continue to be a problem for the Flyers.
Philly GM Paul Holmgren announced that forward Jakub Voracek would miss tonight’s game against the Red Wings with an upper-body injury. Voracek has nine goals and 22 assists this season and has been a solid depth contributor on offense for Philly. The Flyers called up Eric Wellwood to take his spot in the lineup.
If you’re concerned that this could be another head injury for the Flyers, fear not, Sam Carchidi of Philly.com says that it is not the case. Voracek left yesterday’s game against the Rangers with his upper-body ailment and did not return.
Voracek joins James van Riemsdyk on the injured list who is out with a concussion. At the very least the Flyers recently got Danny Briere back to action to help make sure things aren’t in dire straits but losing top-level talent doesn’t do anything to help a team that’s trying to keep pace with the Rangers in the Atlantic Division.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)