Feb 12, 2012, 7:02 PM EST
Nagging injuries continue to be a problem for the Flyers.
Philly GM Paul Holmgren announced that forward Jakub Voracek would miss tonight’s game against the Red Wings with an upper-body injury. Voracek has nine goals and 22 assists this season and has been a solid depth contributor on offense for Philly. The Flyers called up Eric Wellwood to take his spot in the lineup.
If you’re concerned that this could be another head injury for the Flyers, fear not, Sam Carchidi of Philly.com says that it is not the case. Voracek left yesterday’s game against the Rangers with his upper-body ailment and did not return.
Voracek joins James van Riemsdyk on the injured list who is out with a concussion. At the very least the Flyers recently got Danny Briere back to action to help make sure things aren’t in dire straits but losing top-level talent doesn’t do anything to help a team that’s trying to keep pace with the Rangers in the Atlantic Division.
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 41
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 28
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 53
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 60
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 17
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)