Feb 12, 2012, 7:02 PM EDT
Nagging injuries continue to be a problem for the Flyers.
Philly GM Paul Holmgren announced that forward Jakub Voracek would miss tonight’s game against the Red Wings with an upper-body injury. Voracek has nine goals and 22 assists this season and has been a solid depth contributor on offense for Philly. The Flyers called up Eric Wellwood to take his spot in the lineup.
If you’re concerned that this could be another head injury for the Flyers, fear not, Sam Carchidi of Philly.com says that it is not the case. Voracek left yesterday’s game against the Rangers with his upper-body ailment and did not return.
Voracek joins James van Riemsdyk on the injured list who is out with a concussion. At the very least the Flyers recently got Danny Briere back to action to help make sure things aren’t in dire straits but losing top-level talent doesn’t do anything to help a team that’s trying to keep pace with the Rangers in the Atlantic Division.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)