Feb 12, 2012, 7:02 PM EDT
Nagging injuries continue to be a problem for the Flyers.
Philly GM Paul Holmgren announced that forward Jakub Voracek would miss tonight’s game against the Red Wings with an upper-body injury. Voracek has nine goals and 22 assists this season and has been a solid depth contributor on offense for Philly. The Flyers called up Eric Wellwood to take his spot in the lineup.
If you’re concerned that this could be another head injury for the Flyers, fear not, Sam Carchidi of Philly.com says that it is not the case. Voracek left yesterday’s game against the Rangers with his upper-body ailment and did not return.
Voracek joins James van Riemsdyk on the injured list who is out with a concussion. At the very least the Flyers recently got Danny Briere back to action to help make sure things aren’t in dire straits but losing top-level talent doesn’t do anything to help a team that’s trying to keep pace with the Rangers in the Atlantic Division.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 6
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)