Feb 12, 2012, 7:02 PM EST
Nagging injuries continue to be a problem for the Flyers.
Philly GM Paul Holmgren announced that forward Jakub Voracek would miss tonight’s game against the Red Wings with an upper-body injury. Voracek has nine goals and 22 assists this season and has been a solid depth contributor on offense for Philly. The Flyers called up Eric Wellwood to take his spot in the lineup.
If you’re concerned that this could be another head injury for the Flyers, fear not, Sam Carchidi of Philly.com says that it is not the case. Voracek left yesterday’s game against the Rangers with his upper-body ailment and did not return.
Voracek joins James van Riemsdyk on the injured list who is out with a concussion. At the very least the Flyers recently got Danny Briere back to action to help make sure things aren’t in dire straits but losing top-level talent doesn’t do anything to help a team that’s trying to keep pace with the Rangers in the Atlantic Division.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 56
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 34
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 51
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)