Feb 12, 2012, 12:39 PM EST
After the fallout from Brendan Shanahan’s decision to just fine Dominic Moore for his head shot on Rangers forward Ruslan Fedotenko, something Shanahan did his best to explain via Twitter, we had yet to hear from Fedotenko’s outspoken agent Allan Walsh.
Until this morning that is when New York Post writer Larry Brooks heard from Walsh about his thoughts on seeing his client felled by what the NHL thought was “intentional interference.” Walsh let loose on the league via Brooks in today’s Post.
“I’m bewildered that a blatant blindside hit to the jaw of a player nowhere near the puck that knocked him out did not warrant a suspension,” Allan Walsh, Fedotenko’s agent, told Slap Shots via email. “How is this anything other than an intentional reckless hit to the head of an unsuspecting player?”
Shanahan felt that Moore delivered a hit that forced Fedotenko’s stick into his face, essentially relieving Moore of responsibility for the injury.
Fedotenko meanwhile missed the rest of the game against Tampa Bay, yesterday’s game against Philadelphia, and is out of today’s game against Washington with a presumed head injury. Shanahan’s initial crackdown on offenses has slowed down of late and we’ve seen fines handed out more often of late than suspensions.
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 0
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 52
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)