Feb 12, 2012, 12:39 PM EDT
After the fallout from Brendan Shanahan’s decision to just fine Dominic Moore for his head shot on Rangers forward Ruslan Fedotenko, something Shanahan did his best to explain via Twitter, we had yet to hear from Fedotenko’s outspoken agent Allan Walsh.
Until this morning that is when New York Post writer Larry Brooks heard from Walsh about his thoughts on seeing his client felled by what the NHL thought was “intentional interference.” Walsh let loose on the league via Brooks in today’s Post.
“I’m bewildered that a blatant blindside hit to the jaw of a player nowhere near the puck that knocked him out did not warrant a suspension,” Allan Walsh, Fedotenko’s agent, told Slap Shots via email. “How is this anything other than an intentional reckless hit to the head of an unsuspecting player?”
Shanahan felt that Moore delivered a hit that forced Fedotenko’s stick into his face, essentially relieving Moore of responsibility for the injury.
Fedotenko meanwhile missed the rest of the game against Tampa Bay, yesterday’s game against Philadelphia, and is out of today’s game against Washington with a presumed head injury. Shanahan’s initial crackdown on offenses has slowed down of late and we’ve seen fines handed out more often of late than suspensions.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 4
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 6
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 13
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)