Feb 11, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
Mats Sundin final months as a member of the Toronto Maple Leafs were a trying time for him and the organization, but Leafs fans made it clear during his tribute before Saturday’s game that they appreciate everything he’s done for the franchise. Sundin had to pause several times during speech to allow the applause to quiet. The crowd got particularly loud as his banner was slowly raised. To view the entire event, check out the video below.
If the Air Canada Centre’s reaction on Saturday is any indication, he will be remembered fondly by a generation of Leafs fans in the same way that previous generations might look back on other Toronto greats like Darryl Sittler or George Armstrong.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 1
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 25
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25