Feb 11, 2012, 9:00 PM EST
Mats Sundin final months as a member of the Toronto Maple Leafs were a trying time for him and the organization, but Leafs fans made it clear during his tribute before Saturday’s game that they appreciate everything he’s done for the franchise. Sundin had to pause several times during speech to allow the applause to quiet. The crowd got particularly loud as his banner was slowly raised. To view the entire event, check out the video below.
If the Air Canada Centre’s reaction on Saturday is any indication, he will be remembered fondly by a generation of Leafs fans in the same way that previous generations might look back on other Toronto greats like Darryl Sittler or George Armstrong.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54