Feb 11, 2012, 5:45 PM EST
Evgeni Malkin‘s season has been outstanding for Pittsburgh and he showed the Winnipeg Jets just how good he is in his 400th career NHL game.
On top of notching five points for the third time this season, Malkin beat the Jets defense for yet another highlight breakaway goal for the guy who might wind up NHL MVP. Malkin slips in behind the defense, dekes Ondrej Pavelec badly and slides the puck in as easy as one could. The Penguins held on to beat the Jets 8-5.
Being this good at hockey almost seems wrong, but if that’s wrong we don’t want anyone to be right.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54