Feb 11, 2012, 5:45 PM EST
Evgeni Malkin‘s season has been outstanding for Pittsburgh and he showed the Winnipeg Jets just how good he is in his 400th career NHL game.
On top of notching five points for the third time this season, Malkin beat the Jets defense for yet another highlight breakaway goal for the guy who might wind up NHL MVP. Malkin slips in behind the defense, dekes Ondrej Pavelec badly and slides the puck in as easy as one could. The Penguins held on to beat the Jets 8-5.
Being this good at hockey almost seems wrong, but if that’s wrong we don’t want anyone to be right.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 0
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)