Feb 11, 2012, 5:45 PM EDT
Evgeni Malkin‘s season has been outstanding for Pittsburgh and he showed the Winnipeg Jets just how good he is in his 400th career NHL game.
On top of notching five points for the third time this season, Malkin beat the Jets defense for yet another highlight breakaway goal for the guy who might wind up NHL MVP. Malkin slips in behind the defense, dekes Ondrej Pavelec badly and slides the puck in as easy as one could. The Penguins held on to beat the Jets 8-5.
Being this good at hockey almost seems wrong, but if that’s wrong we don’t want anyone to be right.
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 2
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 12
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 19
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 22
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 52
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 21
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (52)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)