Feb 11, 2012, 5:45 PM EDT
Evgeni Malkin‘s season has been outstanding for Pittsburgh and he showed the Winnipeg Jets just how good he is in his 400th career NHL game.
On top of notching five points for the third time this season, Malkin beat the Jets defense for yet another highlight breakaway goal for the guy who might wind up NHL MVP. Malkin slips in behind the defense, dekes Ondrej Pavelec badly and slides the puck in as easy as one could. The Penguins held on to beat the Jets 8-5.
Being this good at hockey almost seems wrong, but if that’s wrong we don’t want anyone to be right.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)