Feb 11, 2012, 5:45 PM EDT
Evgeni Malkin‘s season has been outstanding for Pittsburgh and he showed the Winnipeg Jets just how good he is in his 400th career NHL game.
On top of notching five points for the third time this season, Malkin beat the Jets defense for yet another highlight breakaway goal for the guy who might wind up NHL MVP. Malkin slips in behind the defense, dekes Ondrej Pavelec badly and slides the puck in as easy as one could. The Penguins held on to beat the Jets 8-5.
Being this good at hockey almost seems wrong, but if that’s wrong we don’t want anyone to be right.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)