Feb 11, 2012, 12:20 AM EST
Some might say that the Dallas Stars will go as far as Kari Lehtonen takes them. I’d upgrade the drama of that statement to how far he can drag them.
The fantastic Finnish netminder made an outstanding overtime save on Thomas Vanek to give the Stars a shot at a shootout win but the Buffalo Sabres ultimately prevailed 3-2 (SO). Bask in his glory, even if it ultimately only delayed the inevitable:
That win keeps Buffalo’s flimsy playoff hopes alive while the Stars are alone in ninth place at 59 points with a game in hand on the eighth-place Phoenix Coyotes (who have 60).
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner for the video.)
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 7
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 2
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 10
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 8
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 26
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4