Feb 11, 2012, 11:26 PM EDT
Jeremy Roenick has some advice for the Chicago Blackhawks: “I think They gotta get their (expletive) going.”
It’s hard to argue with that sage-like wisdom, especially seeing as Chicago lost their eighth straight game on Saturday. However, Roenick remains optimistic about the Blackhawks chances of bouncing back, although he wants to do more than just speculate on their chances of shaking off their current cold streak. Roenick wants to see his old No. 27 retired by the team that originally drafted him.
Roenick spent eight seasons with Chicago, before being traded to the Phoenix Coyotes, who included his No. 97 in their Ring of Honor on Saturday.
“Both teams are special to me, no question,” Roenick said. “Twenty-three years ago I was 155 pounds coming out of high school, it was unheard of for a team to draft anyone out of high school and Chicago took a chance on me. They’ll forever be in my heart. To be so passionate about one city and then be traded to another and feeling that same passion (for it), that’s a special thing.”
We’ll see what the future holds for his old Blackhawks’ jersey number, but in the meantime, his old team has more pressing concerns.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 18
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 35
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)