Feb 11, 2012, 11:26 PM EDT
Jeremy Roenick has some advice for the Chicago Blackhawks: “I think They gotta get their (expletive) going.”
It’s hard to argue with that sage-like wisdom, especially seeing as Chicago lost their eighth straight game on Saturday. However, Roenick remains optimistic about the Blackhawks chances of bouncing back, although he wants to do more than just speculate on their chances of shaking off their current cold streak. Roenick wants to see his old No. 27 retired by the team that originally drafted him.
Roenick spent eight seasons with Chicago, before being traded to the Phoenix Coyotes, who included his No. 97 in their Ring of Honor on Saturday.
“Both teams are special to me, no question,” Roenick said. “Twenty-three years ago I was 155 pounds coming out of high school, it was unheard of for a team to draft anyone out of high school and Chicago took a chance on me. They’ll forever be in my heart. To be so passionate about one city and then be traded to another and feeling that same passion (for it), that’s a special thing.”
We’ll see what the future holds for his old Blackhawks’ jersey number, but in the meantime, his old team has more pressing concerns.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 65
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (65)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)