Feb 11, 2012, 11:26 PM EST
Jeremy Roenick has some advice for the Chicago Blackhawks: “I think They gotta get their (expletive) going.”
It’s hard to argue with that sage-like wisdom, especially seeing as Chicago lost their eighth straight game on Saturday. However, Roenick remains optimistic about the Blackhawks chances of bouncing back, although he wants to do more than just speculate on their chances of shaking off their current cold streak. Roenick wants to see his old No. 27 retired by the team that originally drafted him.
Roenick spent eight seasons with Chicago, before being traded to the Phoenix Coyotes, who included his No. 97 in their Ring of Honor on Saturday.
“Both teams are special to me, no question,” Roenick said. “Twenty-three years ago I was 155 pounds coming out of high school, it was unheard of for a team to draft anyone out of high school and Chicago took a chance on me. They’ll forever be in my heart. To be so passionate about one city and then be traded to another and feeling that same passion (for it), that’s a special thing.”
We’ll see what the future holds for his old Blackhawks’ jersey number, but in the meantime, his old team has more pressing concerns.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 14
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 48
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)