Feb 11, 2012, 11:26 PM EDT
Jeremy Roenick has some advice for the Chicago Blackhawks: “I think They gotta get their (expletive) going.”
It’s hard to argue with that sage-like wisdom, especially seeing as Chicago lost their eighth straight game on Saturday. However, Roenick remains optimistic about the Blackhawks chances of bouncing back, although he wants to do more than just speculate on their chances of shaking off their current cold streak. Roenick wants to see his old No. 27 retired by the team that originally drafted him.
Roenick spent eight seasons with Chicago, before being traded to the Phoenix Coyotes, who included his No. 97 in their Ring of Honor on Saturday.
“Both teams are special to me, no question,” Roenick said. “Twenty-three years ago I was 155 pounds coming out of high school, it was unheard of for a team to draft anyone out of high school and Chicago took a chance on me. They’ll forever be in my heart. To be so passionate about one city and then be traded to another and feeling that same passion (for it), that’s a special thing.”
We’ll see what the future holds for his old Blackhawks’ jersey number, but in the meantime, his old team has more pressing concerns.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 6
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 16
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 14
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 54
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)