Feb 11, 2012, 11:26 PM EDT
Jeremy Roenick has some advice for the Chicago Blackhawks: “I think They gotta get their (expletive) going.”
It’s hard to argue with that sage-like wisdom, especially seeing as Chicago lost their eighth straight game on Saturday. However, Roenick remains optimistic about the Blackhawks chances of bouncing back, although he wants to do more than just speculate on their chances of shaking off their current cold streak. Roenick wants to see his old No. 27 retired by the team that originally drafted him.
Roenick spent eight seasons with Chicago, before being traded to the Phoenix Coyotes, who included his No. 97 in their Ring of Honor on Saturday.
“Both teams are special to me, no question,” Roenick said. “Twenty-three years ago I was 155 pounds coming out of high school, it was unheard of for a team to draft anyone out of high school and Chicago took a chance on me. They’ll forever be in my heart. To be so passionate about one city and then be traded to another and feeling that same passion (for it), that’s a special thing.”
We’ll see what the future holds for his old Blackhawks’ jersey number, but in the meantime, his old team has more pressing concerns.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 27
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 5
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)