Feb 11, 2012, 11:54 AM EDT
Matt Duchene‘s comeback from a knee injury is going carefully and while there’s not been much progress reported on how he’s doing, things are getting better.
Mike Chambers of The Denver Post reports that while Duchene isn’t joining the Avalanche on their trip to St. Louis to play the Blues tonight, he might be traveling with the team on their three-game road trip to Canada next week.
Duchene has been out of action for the Avs since December 29. Through 39 games, Duchene has 12 goals and 12 assists as he was having his struggles in Denver this season. With the Avalanche being in the midst of a playoff race in the West, they could certainly use Duchene back in the lineup to help spur the offense.
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 2
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 10
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 30
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 12
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)