Feb 11, 2012, 11:54 AM EDT
Matt Duchene‘s comeback from a knee injury is going carefully and while there’s not been much progress reported on how he’s doing, things are getting better.
Mike Chambers of The Denver Post reports that while Duchene isn’t joining the Avalanche on their trip to St. Louis to play the Blues tonight, he might be traveling with the team on their three-game road trip to Canada next week.
Duchene has been out of action for the Avs since December 29. Through 39 games, Duchene has 12 goals and 12 assists as he was having his struggles in Denver this season. With the Avalanche being in the midst of a playoff race in the West, they could certainly use Duchene back in the lineup to help spur the offense.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)