Feb 11, 2012, 11:54 AM EDT
Matt Duchene‘s comeback from a knee injury is going carefully and while there’s not been much progress reported on how he’s doing, things are getting better.
Mike Chambers of The Denver Post reports that while Duchene isn’t joining the Avalanche on their trip to St. Louis to play the Blues tonight, he might be traveling with the team on their three-game road trip to Canada next week.
Duchene has been out of action for the Avs since December 29. Through 39 games, Duchene has 12 goals and 12 assists as he was having his struggles in Denver this season. With the Avalanche being in the midst of a playoff race in the West, they could certainly use Duchene back in the lineup to help spur the offense.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)