Feb 11, 2012, 10:23 AM EDT
Andy McDonald‘s long road to recovery is nearly at an end in St. Louis. The Blues forward is close to returning to action after being out since October with a concussion.
Dan O’Neill of The Post-Dispatch reports that McDonald was practicing on a line with Chris Stewart and Patrik Berglund which could mean he’s ready to play. Judging by practice with a team as banged up as the Blues are at forward is tricky business but McDonald says he’s feeling good but isn’t totally sure he’ll be back in the lineup this weekend.
“I honestly don’t know,” McDonald added, when asked about a weekend return. “That’s obviously a decision that will have to be made with the training staff and doctors, and the coaches will have a say in it, too. But like I said, I felt really good today and I feel like I’m ready to play.”
The Blues are currently without Jason Arnott, Matt D’Agostini, and Alex Steen as well but McDonald’s return gives them a slick passer and a guy that can win faceoffs with regularity. For Ken Hitchcock’s team, they could use that to help keep pace with Nashville and Detroit. McDonald has played in just three games this season and has two assists.
- Armstrong: ‘Let’s live to fight another day’ 0
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 17
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 7
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 39
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 38
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)