Feb 11, 2012, 10:23 AM EST
Andy McDonald‘s long road to recovery is nearly at an end in St. Louis. The Blues forward is close to returning to action after being out since October with a concussion.
Dan O’Neill of The Post-Dispatch reports that McDonald was practicing on a line with Chris Stewart and Patrik Berglund which could mean he’s ready to play. Judging by practice with a team as banged up as the Blues are at forward is tricky business but McDonald says he’s feeling good but isn’t totally sure he’ll be back in the lineup this weekend.
“I honestly don’t know,” McDonald added, when asked about a weekend return. “That’s obviously a decision that will have to be made with the training staff and doctors, and the coaches will have a say in it, too. But like I said, I felt really good today and I feel like I’m ready to play.”
The Blues are currently without Jason Arnott, Matt D’Agostini, and Alex Steen as well but McDonald’s return gives them a slick passer and a guy that can win faceoffs with regularity. For Ken Hitchcock’s team, they could use that to help keep pace with Nashville and Detroit. McDonald has played in just three games this season and has two assists.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)