Feb 11, 2012, 10:23 AM EDT
Andy McDonald‘s long road to recovery is nearly at an end in St. Louis. The Blues forward is close to returning to action after being out since October with a concussion.
Dan O’Neill of The Post-Dispatch reports that McDonald was practicing on a line with Chris Stewart and Patrik Berglund which could mean he’s ready to play. Judging by practice with a team as banged up as the Blues are at forward is tricky business but McDonald says he’s feeling good but isn’t totally sure he’ll be back in the lineup this weekend.
“I honestly don’t know,” McDonald added, when asked about a weekend return. “That’s obviously a decision that will have to be made with the training staff and doctors, and the coaches will have a say in it, too. But like I said, I felt really good today and I feel like I’m ready to play.”
The Blues are currently without Jason Arnott, Matt D’Agostini, and Alex Steen as well but McDonald’s return gives them a slick passer and a guy that can win faceoffs with regularity. For Ken Hitchcock’s team, they could use that to help keep pace with Nashville and Detroit. McDonald has played in just three games this season and has two assists.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 36
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)