Feb 11, 2012, 10:23 AM EDT
Andy McDonald‘s long road to recovery is nearly at an end in St. Louis. The Blues forward is close to returning to action after being out since October with a concussion.
Dan O’Neill of The Post-Dispatch reports that McDonald was practicing on a line with Chris Stewart and Patrik Berglund which could mean he’s ready to play. Judging by practice with a team as banged up as the Blues are at forward is tricky business but McDonald says he’s feeling good but isn’t totally sure he’ll be back in the lineup this weekend.
“I honestly don’t know,” McDonald added, when asked about a weekend return. “That’s obviously a decision that will have to be made with the training staff and doctors, and the coaches will have a say in it, too. But like I said, I felt really good today and I feel like I’m ready to play.”
The Blues are currently without Jason Arnott, Matt D’Agostini, and Alex Steen as well but McDonald’s return gives them a slick passer and a guy that can win faceoffs with regularity. For Ken Hitchcock’s team, they could use that to help keep pace with Nashville and Detroit. McDonald has played in just three games this season and has two assists.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)