Feb 11, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
The way the Philadelphia Flyers have been playing lately, maybe they could use a kick in the rear. Enter Kimmo Timonen.
“I’m a little disappointed at the effort, the emotional level, a top team in the conference and league and to be honest. We got half the guys going and half not,” he said following the Flyers 5-2 loss to the New York Rangers on Saturday. “That was my opinion. You might see differently, but that is what I saw. It’s a big game for us and I was expecting more. It was tight game, they got three power play goals, we didn’t score any.”
When asked about the impact Chris Pronger’s absence has had on their squad, Timonen added, “He’s not here and we all should get by that by now – he’s not coming back.” Maybe this is Timonen’s way of trying to fill the leadership void left by Pronger. One thing is for sure, the Flyers, for all the talent they have on their team, are still giving their fans plenty of reasons to be concerned as we edge towards the playoffs.
This is just another subplot to keep in mind as the Philadelphia Flyers head to Detroit for Sunday’s big game. Detroit will be attempting to tie an NHL record with their 20th straight home win, meanwhile the Philadelphia Flyers will just be fighting to right their ship after losing four of their last five contests.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)