Feb 11, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
The way the Philadelphia Flyers have been playing lately, maybe they could use a kick in the rear. Enter Kimmo Timonen.
“I’m a little disappointed at the effort, the emotional level, a top team in the conference and league and to be honest. We got half the guys going and half not,” he said following the Flyers 5-2 loss to the New York Rangers on Saturday. “That was my opinion. You might see differently, but that is what I saw. It’s a big game for us and I was expecting more. It was tight game, they got three power play goals, we didn’t score any.”
When asked about the impact Chris Pronger’s absence has had on their squad, Timonen added, “He’s not here and we all should get by that by now – he’s not coming back.” Maybe this is Timonen’s way of trying to fill the leadership void left by Pronger. One thing is for sure, the Flyers, for all the talent they have on their team, are still giving their fans plenty of reasons to be concerned as we edge towards the playoffs.
This is just another subplot to keep in mind as the Philadelphia Flyers head to Detroit for Sunday’s big game. Detroit will be attempting to tie an NHL record with their 20th straight home win, meanwhile the Philadelphia Flyers will just be fighting to right their ship after losing four of their last five contests.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)