Feb 11, 2012, 7:10 PM EST
The way the Philadelphia Flyers have been playing lately, maybe they could use a kick in the rear. Enter Kimmo Timonen.
“I’m a little disappointed at the effort, the emotional level, a top team in the conference and league and to be honest. We got half the guys going and half not,” he said following the Flyers 5-2 loss to the New York Rangers on Saturday. “That was my opinion. You might see differently, but that is what I saw. It’s a big game for us and I was expecting more. It was tight game, they got three power play goals, we didn’t score any.”
When asked about the impact Chris Pronger’s absence has had on their squad, Timonen added, “He’s not here and we all should get by that by now – he’s not coming back.” Maybe this is Timonen’s way of trying to fill the leadership void left by Pronger. One thing is for sure, the Flyers, for all the talent they have on their team, are still giving their fans plenty of reasons to be concerned as we edge towards the playoffs.
This is just another subplot to keep in mind as the Philadelphia Flyers head to Detroit for Sunday’s big game. Detroit will be attempting to tie an NHL record with their 20th straight home win, meanwhile the Philadelphia Flyers will just be fighting to right their ship after losing four of their last five contests.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 0
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)