Feb 11, 2012, 2:59 PM EST
Jimmy Howard‘s ongoing saga for getting back in the Red Wings lineup after breaking a finger continues on with good news for Wings fans.
Howard faced shots at team practice this morning, the first time he’s done that since getting injured back on February 2. Ansar Khan of mlive.com gets the take from Howard on how he’s feeling and how quickly he wants to get back to action.
“There’s no reason to rush back,” Howard said. “Give it a couple more days to heal and allow me to get a couple of more practices under my belt, so I can get my game back to where it was.”
Howard tells Khan that he hopes to play on Friday against Nashville but that he’ll also have to see how his finger feels tomorrow after putting it through the rigors today.
In the meantime, Joey MacDonald has taken control of the backup job in Detroit after winning two of his last three starts. It’ll be up to MacDonald to hold things down against Philly tomorrow night (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN) and potentially Dallas as well on Tuesday.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 19
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 44
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9