Feb 11, 2012, 2:59 PM EDT
Jimmy Howard‘s ongoing saga for getting back in the Red Wings lineup after breaking a finger continues on with good news for Wings fans.
Howard faced shots at team practice this morning, the first time he’s done that since getting injured back on February 2. Ansar Khan of mlive.com gets the take from Howard on how he’s feeling and how quickly he wants to get back to action.
“There’s no reason to rush back,” Howard said. “Give it a couple more days to heal and allow me to get a couple of more practices under my belt, so I can get my game back to where it was.”
Howard tells Khan that he hopes to play on Friday against Nashville but that he’ll also have to see how his finger feels tomorrow after putting it through the rigors today.
In the meantime, Joey MacDonald has taken control of the backup job in Detroit after winning two of his last three starts. It’ll be up to MacDonald to hold things down against Philly tomorrow night (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN) and potentially Dallas as well on Tuesday.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)