Feb 11, 2012, 2:59 PM EDT
Jimmy Howard‘s ongoing saga for getting back in the Red Wings lineup after breaking a finger continues on with good news for Wings fans.
Howard faced shots at team practice this morning, the first time he’s done that since getting injured back on February 2. Ansar Khan of mlive.com gets the take from Howard on how he’s feeling and how quickly he wants to get back to action.
“There’s no reason to rush back,” Howard said. “Give it a couple more days to heal and allow me to get a couple of more practices under my belt, so I can get my game back to where it was.”
Howard tells Khan that he hopes to play on Friday against Nashville but that he’ll also have to see how his finger feels tomorrow after putting it through the rigors today.
In the meantime, Joey MacDonald has taken control of the backup job in Detroit after winning two of his last three starts. It’ll be up to MacDonald to hold things down against Philly tomorrow night (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN) and potentially Dallas as well on Tuesday.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)