Feb 11, 2012, 2:59 PM EDT
Jimmy Howard‘s ongoing saga for getting back in the Red Wings lineup after breaking a finger continues on with good news for Wings fans.
Howard faced shots at team practice this morning, the first time he’s done that since getting injured back on February 2. Ansar Khan of mlive.com gets the take from Howard on how he’s feeling and how quickly he wants to get back to action.
“There’s no reason to rush back,” Howard said. “Give it a couple more days to heal and allow me to get a couple of more practices under my belt, so I can get my game back to where it was.”
Howard tells Khan that he hopes to play on Friday against Nashville but that he’ll also have to see how his finger feels tomorrow after putting it through the rigors today.
In the meantime, Joey MacDonald has taken control of the backup job in Detroit after winning two of his last three starts. It’ll be up to MacDonald to hold things down against Philly tomorrow night (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN) and potentially Dallas as well on Tuesday.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7