Feb 11, 2012, 2:59 PM EDT
Jimmy Howard‘s ongoing saga for getting back in the Red Wings lineup after breaking a finger continues on with good news for Wings fans.
Howard faced shots at team practice this morning, the first time he’s done that since getting injured back on February 2. Ansar Khan of mlive.com gets the take from Howard on how he’s feeling and how quickly he wants to get back to action.
“There’s no reason to rush back,” Howard said. “Give it a couple more days to heal and allow me to get a couple of more practices under my belt, so I can get my game back to where it was.”
Howard tells Khan that he hopes to play on Friday against Nashville but that he’ll also have to see how his finger feels tomorrow after putting it through the rigors today.
In the meantime, Joey MacDonald has taken control of the backup job in Detroit after winning two of his last three starts. It’ll be up to MacDonald to hold things down against Philly tomorrow night (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN) and potentially Dallas as well on Tuesday.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 3
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)