Feb 11, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
With how bad things have gone in Columbus this season, getting any amount of good news is a great thing for the Blue Jackets.
Tonight they’ll get the services of defenseman James Wisniewski back after being out since December 29 with an ankle injury. With Marc Methot out with a facial injury from taking a puck in the face and also missing Radek Martinek, Brett Lebda, and Nikita Nikitin with injuries, Wisniewski’s return is desperately needed.
All in all Wisniewski has missed a total of 25 games this year due to injuries and suspension. Wisniewski sat out the first eight games of the season stemming from an incident in the preseason. Missing almost half the season has helped contribute to how poorly things have gone for Columbus although it’s not all his fault. With Wisniewski back, perhaps there can be a bit more stability along Columbus’ blue line even in the face of injury troubles.
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 0
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 4
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 19
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 40
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 73
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 6
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 46
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte
- Play Video: Highlights: Kings beat Sharks, take series lead
- Play Video: Brown takes out goalie Niemi
- Play Video: Demers commits reckless penalty
- Play Video: Demers slashes Doughty, but no call made
- Play Video: Niemi robs Carter to preserve tie
- Play Video: Highlights: Wings take 3-1 series lead over 'Hawks