Feb 11, 2012, 4:13 PM EST
With how bad things have gone in Columbus this season, getting any amount of good news is a great thing for the Blue Jackets.
Tonight they’ll get the services of defenseman James Wisniewski back after being out since December 29 with an ankle injury. With Marc Methot out with a facial injury from taking a puck in the face and also missing Radek Martinek, Brett Lebda, and Nikita Nikitin with injuries, Wisniewski’s return is desperately needed.
All in all Wisniewski has missed a total of 25 games this year due to injuries and suspension. Wisniewski sat out the first eight games of the season stemming from an incident in the preseason. Missing almost half the season has helped contribute to how poorly things have gone for Columbus although it’s not all his fault. With Wisniewski back, perhaps there can be a bit more stability along Columbus’ blue line even in the face of injury troubles.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)