Feb 11, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
With how bad things have gone in Columbus this season, getting any amount of good news is a great thing for the Blue Jackets.
Tonight they’ll get the services of defenseman James Wisniewski back after being out since December 29 with an ankle injury. With Marc Methot out with a facial injury from taking a puck in the face and also missing Radek Martinek, Brett Lebda, and Nikita Nikitin with injuries, Wisniewski’s return is desperately needed.
All in all Wisniewski has missed a total of 25 games this year due to injuries and suspension. Wisniewski sat out the first eight games of the season stemming from an incident in the preseason. Missing almost half the season has helped contribute to how poorly things have gone for Columbus although it’s not all his fault. With Wisniewski back, perhaps there can be a bit more stability along Columbus’ blue line even in the face of injury troubles.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)