Feb 11, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
With how bad things have gone in Columbus this season, getting any amount of good news is a great thing for the Blue Jackets.
Tonight they’ll get the services of defenseman James Wisniewski back after being out since December 29 with an ankle injury. With Marc Methot out with a facial injury from taking a puck in the face and also missing Radek Martinek, Brett Lebda, and Nikita Nikitin with injuries, Wisniewski’s return is desperately needed.
All in all Wisniewski has missed a total of 25 games this year due to injuries and suspension. Wisniewski sat out the first eight games of the season stemming from an incident in the preseason. Missing almost half the season has helped contribute to how poorly things have gone for Columbus although it’s not all his fault. With Wisniewski back, perhaps there can be a bit more stability along Columbus’ blue line even in the face of injury troubles.
- Devils re-sign Greene to long-term pact 0
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 35
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 46
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (46)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)