Feb 11, 2012, 4:13 PM EST
With how bad things have gone in Columbus this season, getting any amount of good news is a great thing for the Blue Jackets.
Tonight they’ll get the services of defenseman James Wisniewski back after being out since December 29 with an ankle injury. With Marc Methot out with a facial injury from taking a puck in the face and also missing Radek Martinek, Brett Lebda, and Nikita Nikitin with injuries, Wisniewski’s return is desperately needed.
All in all Wisniewski has missed a total of 25 games this year due to injuries and suspension. Wisniewski sat out the first eight games of the season stemming from an incident in the preseason. Missing almost half the season has helped contribute to how poorly things have gone for Columbus although it’s not all his fault. With Wisniewski back, perhaps there can be a bit more stability along Columbus’ blue line even in the face of injury troubles.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)