Feb 11, 2012, 4:58 PM EDT
In yet another Winter Classic rematch, the Rangers made sure to keep the Flyers feeling down in the dumps. The Rangers improved to 5-0-0 against the Flyers this season thanks to a 5-2 win that saw Rangers captain Ryan Callahan scoring a hat trick and Marian Gaborik notching four points (1g, 3a) on the day.
The Rangers broke out of their power play woes scoring three times with the man advantage in what was a typically physical and feisty game between the two rivals. With 110 penalty minutes in all in the game and just one more meeting between these two teams this season, their battle atop the Atlantic Division may nearly be at an end, but won’t go out quietly. Philadelphia’s Wayne Simmonds wound up earning a Gordie Howe hat trick after sparring with Brian Boyle.
Check out Callahan’s hat trick courtesy of NHL.com.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 69
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (92)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (72)