Feb 11, 2012, 4:58 PM EDT
In yet another Winter Classic rematch, the Rangers made sure to keep the Flyers feeling down in the dumps. The Rangers improved to 5-0-0 against the Flyers this season thanks to a 5-2 win that saw Rangers captain Ryan Callahan scoring a hat trick and Marian Gaborik notching four points (1g, 3a) on the day.
The Rangers broke out of their power play woes scoring three times with the man advantage in what was a typically physical and feisty game between the two rivals. With 110 penalty minutes in all in the game and just one more meeting between these two teams this season, their battle atop the Atlantic Division may nearly be at an end, but won’t go out quietly. Philadelphia’s Wayne Simmonds wound up earning a Gordie Howe hat trick after sparring with Brian Boyle.
Check out Callahan’s hat trick courtesy of NHL.com.
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 0
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 0
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 19
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45