Feb 11, 2012, 4:58 PM EDT
In yet another Winter Classic rematch, the Rangers made sure to keep the Flyers feeling down in the dumps. The Rangers improved to 5-0-0 against the Flyers this season thanks to a 5-2 win that saw Rangers captain Ryan Callahan scoring a hat trick and Marian Gaborik notching four points (1g, 3a) on the day.
The Rangers broke out of their power play woes scoring three times with the man advantage in what was a typically physical and feisty game between the two rivals. With 110 penalty minutes in all in the game and just one more meeting between these two teams this season, their battle atop the Atlantic Division may nearly be at an end, but won’t go out quietly. Philadelphia’s Wayne Simmonds wound up earning a Gordie Howe hat trick after sparring with Brian Boyle.
Check out Callahan’s hat trick courtesy of NHL.com.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 22
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 28
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)