Feb 11, 2012, 4:58 PM EDT
In yet another Winter Classic rematch, the Rangers made sure to keep the Flyers feeling down in the dumps. The Rangers improved to 5-0-0 against the Flyers this season thanks to a 5-2 win that saw Rangers captain Ryan Callahan scoring a hat trick and Marian Gaborik notching four points (1g, 3a) on the day.
The Rangers broke out of their power play woes scoring three times with the man advantage in what was a typically physical and feisty game between the two rivals. With 110 penalty minutes in all in the game and just one more meeting between these two teams this season, their battle atop the Atlantic Division may nearly be at an end, but won’t go out quietly. Philadelphia’s Wayne Simmonds wound up earning a Gordie Howe hat trick after sparring with Brian Boyle.
Check out Callahan’s hat trick courtesy of NHL.com.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38