Feb 11, 2012, 4:58 PM EST
In yet another Winter Classic rematch, the Rangers made sure to keep the Flyers feeling down in the dumps. The Rangers improved to 5-0-0 against the Flyers this season thanks to a 5-2 win that saw Rangers captain Ryan Callahan scoring a hat trick and Marian Gaborik notching four points (1g, 3a) on the day.
The Rangers broke out of their power play woes scoring three times with the man advantage in what was a typically physical and feisty game between the two rivals. With 110 penalty minutes in all in the game and just one more meeting between these two teams this season, their battle atop the Atlantic Division may nearly be at an end, but won’t go out quietly. Philadelphia’s Wayne Simmonds wound up earning a Gordie Howe hat trick after sparring with Brian Boyle.
Check out Callahan’s hat trick courtesy of NHL.com.
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 2
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 0
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 13
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 1
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 4
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)