Feb 11, 2012, 2:17 PM EDT
Brendan Shanahan did his part to help explain his decision for only fining Lightning forward Dominic Moore for his head shot on Rangers forward Ruslan Fedotenko. Shanahan being the savvy tech guy that he is did so by taking it to Twitter.
Obviously this explanation isn’t going to sit well with Rangers fans as they feel that Moore went out of his way to hit Fedotenko and wound up delivering a shot to his head that has him out of action for today’s game against the Flyers.
The Lightning, unsurprisingly, support Shanahan’s decision as Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times gets coach Guy Boucher’s take.
“When I looked at the clip, it’s not something you want to see, but it was nothing that was premeditated,” Boucher said, and added about the fine, “I think it’s the right thing to do. Sometimes you can avoid those contacts, especially it wasn’t necessarily getting the puck and all that. It’ an interference call, but they see it more as an aggressive interference call. They just want to warn the player, I think.”
Warning the player is nice and all, but it was Shanahan’s job to get in and help eliminate needless shots to the head. This play seems to fall under that description.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)