Feb 10, 2012, 12:55 PM EDT
The morning after Minnesota head coach Mike Yeo ripped his team for a lackluster effort against Vancouver, the Wild responded by putting Brad Staubitz on waivers.
Staubitz, 27, had been with the Wild since being traded from San Jose following the 2009-10 season. Mike Russo of the Star-Tribune classified him as a “middleweight who often seems reluctant to fight,” with “a propensity for bad penalties” — so, not the kind of guy able to stop Minnesota’s epic collapse. The Wild are 5-14-5 since Dec. 13 and now sit 10th in the West, two point out of a playoff spot.
It’s possible Staubitz was one of the players Yeo was referring to last night when, following a 5-2 home loss to the Canucks, he let his frustrations fly.
“We flat-out stink the last two months,” Yeo said. “We stink. I’m concerned about the fact that we come into games and we don’t have enough guys when we should have absolute desperation in our game.”
Staubitz played a team-low 6:39 against Vancouver, recording just one hit and nine shifts.
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 0
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 5
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 15
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 21
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 23
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 53
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)