Feb 10, 2012, 9:43 AM EST
While the Rangers were able to come away with a come from behind win in overtime against Tampa Bay last night, it wasn’t all smiles and sunshine after the game.
The Rangers were left stinging after seeing teammate Ruslan Fedotenko go down with a head injury after what appeared to be a needless head-high hit from Lightning forward Dominic Moore. Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants heard from the Rangers in the locker room after the game and they were not at all happy with Moore. Brad Richards and Brian Boyle in particular were pointed about the play.
“I’m pretty sure that’s what we’re trying not to do to each other,” Richards said. “If we want to keep doing it to each other, we’re going to have a problem. It’s idiotic.”
“Yeah, we’re still pretty angry about that,” Boyle added. “It’s a very dirty, dirty play. We’ve talked about it enough. We’ve got to get away from that stuff.”
As for the hit, see for yourself.
Moore may be hearing from the league about this especially given their stance on blows to the head. What do you think though? Should Brendan Shanahan come calling?
(thanks to Kukla’s Korner for the video)
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny 0
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52