Feb 10, 2012, 9:43 AM EDT
While the Rangers were able to come away with a come from behind win in overtime against Tampa Bay last night, it wasn’t all smiles and sunshine after the game.
The Rangers were left stinging after seeing teammate Ruslan Fedotenko go down with a head injury after what appeared to be a needless head-high hit from Lightning forward Dominic Moore. Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants heard from the Rangers in the locker room after the game and they were not at all happy with Moore. Brad Richards and Brian Boyle in particular were pointed about the play.
“I’m pretty sure that’s what we’re trying not to do to each other,” Richards said. “If we want to keep doing it to each other, we’re going to have a problem. It’s idiotic.”
“Yeah, we’re still pretty angry about that,” Boyle added. “It’s a very dirty, dirty play. We’ve talked about it enough. We’ve got to get away from that stuff.”
As for the hit, see for yourself.
Moore may be hearing from the league about this especially given their stance on blows to the head. What do you think though? Should Brendan Shanahan come calling?
(thanks to Kukla’s Korner for the video)
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (59)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)