Feb 10, 2012, 9:43 AM EST
While the Rangers were able to come away with a come from behind win in overtime against Tampa Bay last night, it wasn’t all smiles and sunshine after the game.
The Rangers were left stinging after seeing teammate Ruslan Fedotenko go down with a head injury after what appeared to be a needless head-high hit from Lightning forward Dominic Moore. Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants heard from the Rangers in the locker room after the game and they were not at all happy with Moore. Brad Richards and Brian Boyle in particular were pointed about the play.
“I’m pretty sure that’s what we’re trying not to do to each other,” Richards said. “If we want to keep doing it to each other, we’re going to have a problem. It’s idiotic.”
“Yeah, we’re still pretty angry about that,” Boyle added. “It’s a very dirty, dirty play. We’ve talked about it enough. We’ve got to get away from that stuff.”
As for the hit, see for yourself.
Moore may be hearing from the league about this especially given their stance on blows to the head. What do you think though? Should Brendan Shanahan come calling?
(thanks to Kukla’s Korner for the video)
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 0
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 10
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 10
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56