Feb 10, 2012, 9:43 AM EDT
While the Rangers were able to come away with a come from behind win in overtime against Tampa Bay last night, it wasn’t all smiles and sunshine after the game.
The Rangers were left stinging after seeing teammate Ruslan Fedotenko go down with a head injury after what appeared to be a needless head-high hit from Lightning forward Dominic Moore. Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants heard from the Rangers in the locker room after the game and they were not at all happy with Moore. Brad Richards and Brian Boyle in particular were pointed about the play.
“I’m pretty sure that’s what we’re trying not to do to each other,” Richards said. “If we want to keep doing it to each other, we’re going to have a problem. It’s idiotic.”
“Yeah, we’re still pretty angry about that,” Boyle added. “It’s a very dirty, dirty play. We’ve talked about it enough. We’ve got to get away from that stuff.”
As for the hit, see for yourself.
Moore may be hearing from the league about this especially given their stance on blows to the head. What do you think though? Should Brendan Shanahan come calling?
(thanks to Kukla’s Korner for the video)
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 8
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 31
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 43
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41