Feb 10, 2012, 9:43 AM EDT
While the Rangers were able to come away with a come from behind win in overtime against Tampa Bay last night, it wasn’t all smiles and sunshine after the game.
The Rangers were left stinging after seeing teammate Ruslan Fedotenko go down with a head injury after what appeared to be a needless head-high hit from Lightning forward Dominic Moore. Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants heard from the Rangers in the locker room after the game and they were not at all happy with Moore. Brad Richards and Brian Boyle in particular were pointed about the play.
“I’m pretty sure that’s what we’re trying not to do to each other,” Richards said. “If we want to keep doing it to each other, we’re going to have a problem. It’s idiotic.”
“Yeah, we’re still pretty angry about that,” Boyle added. “It’s a very dirty, dirty play. We’ve talked about it enough. We’ve got to get away from that stuff.”
As for the hit, see for yourself.
Moore may be hearing from the league about this especially given their stance on blows to the head. What do you think though? Should Brendan Shanahan come calling?
(thanks to Kukla’s Korner for the video)
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (98)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)