Feb 10, 2012, 9:05 PM EDT
The New York Rangers are furious with Dominic Moore for his hit on Ruslan Fedotenko, but the NHL’s only medium-strength mad about it. The league decided to fine the agitating Tampa Bay Lightning center $2,500 instead of giving him a suspension.
There wasn’t much elaboration about the decision as the NHL only says that the fine is “for an interference infraction that caused an injury” to Fedotenko.
Check out video of the check below and let us know if Moore deserves a suspension, just a fine or no discipline at all. (If you put a check in the “suspension” box, feel free to share how long you think he should have been forced to sit.)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5