Feb 10, 2012, 8:50 PM EDT
Mike Richards‘ arrival has made Jarret Stoll something of a square peg in a round hole, but the Los Angeles Kings would rather have him plugging away regardless. He won’t be able to do so for at least a week, however, as Rich Hammond reports that he’s been placed on the injured reserve.
Stoll told Hammond that he’s dealing with an injured abductor muscle (hip) from the Kings’ 3-1 loss to the Florida Panthers last night.
Richards’ presence has occasionally pushed Stoll to the wing, nullifying one of Rachel Hunter’s ex-boyfriend’s greatest strengths: faceoff mastery.* Stoll’s offense hasn’t come very easily this season, either, as he has just five goals and 15 points after putting together a 20-goal, 43-point campaign in 2010-11.
Stoll’s injury (and perhaps the Panthers loss) prompted the Kings to shuffle the lineup a bit, as promising point-producing defenseman Slava Voynov was demoted to the minors (again). Forwards Dwight King and Jordan Nolan were called up in the two players’ places.
* – Well, on-ice strengths. Apparently he can pick up supermodels who age like fine wine, so that’s probably cooler than winning well over 50 percent of his draws.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)