Feb 10, 2012, 8:50 PM EST
Mike Richards‘ arrival has made Jarret Stoll something of a square peg in a round hole, but the Los Angeles Kings would rather have him plugging away regardless. He won’t be able to do so for at least a week, however, as Rich Hammond reports that he’s been placed on the injured reserve.
Stoll told Hammond that he’s dealing with an injured abductor muscle (hip) from the Kings’ 3-1 loss to the Florida Panthers last night.
Richards’ presence has occasionally pushed Stoll to the wing, nullifying one of Rachel Hunter’s ex-boyfriend’s greatest strengths: faceoff mastery.* Stoll’s offense hasn’t come very easily this season, either, as he has just five goals and 15 points after putting together a 20-goal, 43-point campaign in 2010-11.
Stoll’s injury (and perhaps the Panthers loss) prompted the Kings to shuffle the lineup a bit, as promising point-producing defenseman Slava Voynov was demoted to the minors (again). Forwards Dwight King and Jordan Nolan were called up in the two players’ places.
* – Well, on-ice strengths. Apparently he can pick up supermodels who age like fine wine, so that’s probably cooler than winning well over 50 percent of his draws.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 16
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 4
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 21
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)