Feb 10, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT
So much for not giving updates.
Shortly after saying he was “done” giving progress reports on injured forward Nathan Horton, Boston Bruins coach Claude Julien told reporters Horton suffered a setback in his concussion recovery.
“He’s been pulled back,” Julien told CSNNE.com. “He’s got some symptoms so he’s been pulled back. That’s why I say that it’s hard for me to stand up every day with steps forward or steps backward.
“So he’s back to square one and we’re giving him some time here. Those symptoms – once he got back on the ice – they came back.”
Horton began riding the stationary bike last week and resumed skating on Sunday, only to see his symptoms — including headaches – return after a few on-ice sessions. The 26-year-old hasn’t played since suffering his second concussion in seven months after a hit from Philadelphia’s Tom Sestito on Jan. 22.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)