Feb 10, 2012, 11:58 AM EDT
Mattias Ohlund hasn’t played in a game yet this season and it’s looking more and more likely that we won’t see him at all this season.
Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times reports GM Steve Yzerman has said Ohlund isn’t skating and there’s no timetable for Ohlund’s return from arthroscopic surgery on both knees. While Ohlund has been around the team a little bit this year, the chances of him rejoining the Lightning on the ice are looking pretty slim.
Both Yzerman and coach Guy Boucher enjoy having Ohlund around with the team while he’s out of action as he’s a veteran leader. They’ll have to hope that he can come back at all, however, as he’s got four years remaining on his contract with the team. With a cap hit of $3.6 million per year according to Cap Geek, making sure that Ohlund stays healthy for the long run is important.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)