Feb 10, 2012, 11:58 AM EDT
Mattias Ohlund hasn’t played in a game yet this season and it’s looking more and more likely that we won’t see him at all this season.
Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times reports GM Steve Yzerman has said Ohlund isn’t skating and there’s no timetable for Ohlund’s return from arthroscopic surgery on both knees. While Ohlund has been around the team a little bit this year, the chances of him rejoining the Lightning on the ice are looking pretty slim.
Both Yzerman and coach Guy Boucher enjoy having Ohlund around with the team while he’s out of action as he’s a veteran leader. They’ll have to hope that he can come back at all, however, as he’s got four years remaining on his contract with the team. With a cap hit of $3.6 million per year according to Cap Geek, making sure that Ohlund stays healthy for the long run is important.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (83)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)