Feb 10, 2012, 11:58 AM EDT
Mattias Ohlund hasn’t played in a game yet this season and it’s looking more and more likely that we won’t see him at all this season.
Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times reports GM Steve Yzerman has said Ohlund isn’t skating and there’s no timetable for Ohlund’s return from arthroscopic surgery on both knees. While Ohlund has been around the team a little bit this year, the chances of him rejoining the Lightning on the ice are looking pretty slim.
Both Yzerman and coach Guy Boucher enjoy having Ohlund around with the team while he’s out of action as he’s a veteran leader. They’ll have to hope that he can come back at all, however, as he’s got four years remaining on his contract with the team. With a cap hit of $3.6 million per year according to Cap Geek, making sure that Ohlund stays healthy for the long run is important.
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 0
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 28
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 106
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7