Feb 10, 2012, 8:03 PM EDT
A lot of things have gone right for the St. Louis Blues this season, but they’ve had to roll with some injury punches.
From Alex Steen to Andy McDonald and David Perron, the Blues have fought off adversity. Now it’s apparent that one of their pleasant (if subtle) free agent surprises will be on the shelf for at least a bit longer as Jason Arnott was placed on the injured reserve.
Arnott is dealing with an injured shoulder suffered thanks to a tumble into the boards on Feb. 3. There’s no word on how significant the issue is (aside from the fact that he’s on the IR, of course).
The Blues signed Arnott and Jamie Langenbrunner to matching one-year, $2.5 million contracts this summer. Arnott’s been a nice fit with 12 goals and 24 points while Langenbrunner has a respectable 18 points.
St. Louis scores by committee, but it will miss Arnott’s experience – and most importantly – his hard shot and scoring touch.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 25
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)