Feb 10, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
Say what you will about another miserable season in Columbus; it’s not as if the Blue Jackets have received a lot of lucky breaks.
They’ve faced injuries and suspensions left and right, including issues for big off-season acquisitions Jeff Carter and James Wisniewski. The misery keeps building, however, as the team announced that defensemen Marc Methot and Brett Lebda have been placed on the injured reserve.
Not enough of a beating for you? The Blue Jackets also revealed that Curtis Sanford is day-to-day with an upper-body injury, forcing an emergency recall of netminder Allen York.
Defenseman Dalton Prout also received the emergency recall treatment to try to patch up one of the spots that has opened up.
Methot has seven points and averaged 20:03 minutes per game in 46 contests while Lebda scored a goal and zero assists while logging 20:16 minutes per contest in five appearances in the NHL this season.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)