Feb 9, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
Sedin took a hard shot off the ankle Tuesday in Nashville and was in a walking boot yesterday. With Vancouver taking on the Wild tonight, his streak of 552 consecutive games remains in jeopardy.
Streak or no streak, the Canucks won’t want to take a chance with their captain. He’s already been struggling to find his game the last month, and there are concerns that he and his brother, Daniel, are battling fatigue. Both were in Ottawa for the All-Star Game, so neither got the benefit of a break. The Canucks have also had a fairly arduous schedule since Christmas.
Of note, Vancouver’s called up gritty forward Mike Duco from AHL Chicago.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22