Feb 9, 2012, 12:02 PM EST
Sedin took a hard shot off the ankle Tuesday in Nashville and was in a walking boot yesterday. With Vancouver taking on the Wild tonight, his streak of 552 consecutive games remains in jeopardy.
Streak or no streak, the Canucks won’t want to take a chance with their captain. He’s already been struggling to find his game the last month, and there are concerns that he and his brother, Daniel, are battling fatigue. Both were in Ottawa for the All-Star Game, so neither got the benefit of a break. The Canucks have also had a fairly arduous schedule since Christmas.
Of note, Vancouver’s called up gritty forward Mike Duco from AHL Chicago.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 13
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (183)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)