Feb 9, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
Sedin took a hard shot off the ankle Tuesday in Nashville and was in a walking boot yesterday. With Vancouver taking on the Wild tonight, his streak of 552 consecutive games remains in jeopardy.
Streak or no streak, the Canucks won’t want to take a chance with their captain. He’s already been struggling to find his game the last month, and there are concerns that he and his brother, Daniel, are battling fatigue. Both were in Ottawa for the All-Star Game, so neither got the benefit of a break. The Canucks have also had a fairly arduous schedule since Christmas.
Of note, Vancouver’s called up gritty forward Mike Duco from AHL Chicago.
- Report: Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 18
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 11
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 3
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 25
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)