Feb 9, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
Sedin took a hard shot off the ankle Tuesday in Nashville and was in a walking boot yesterday. With Vancouver taking on the Wild tonight, his streak of 552 consecutive games remains in jeopardy.
Streak or no streak, the Canucks won’t want to take a chance with their captain. He’s already been struggling to find his game the last month, and there are concerns that he and his brother, Daniel, are battling fatigue. Both were in Ottawa for the All-Star Game, so neither got the benefit of a break. The Canucks have also had a fairly arduous schedule since Christmas.
Of note, Vancouver’s called up gritty forward Mike Duco from AHL Chicago.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 18
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 16
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)