Feb 9, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
Sedin took a hard shot off the ankle Tuesday in Nashville and was in a walking boot yesterday. With Vancouver taking on the Wild tonight, his streak of 552 consecutive games remains in jeopardy.
Streak or no streak, the Canucks won’t want to take a chance with their captain. He’s already been struggling to find his game the last month, and there are concerns that he and his brother, Daniel, are battling fatigue. Both were in Ottawa for the All-Star Game, so neither got the benefit of a break. The Canucks have also had a fairly arduous schedule since Christmas.
Of note, Vancouver’s called up gritty forward Mike Duco from AHL Chicago.
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs Day at PHT 0
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 19
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 40
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 35
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 30
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (40)