Feb 9, 2012, 3:23 PM EDT
So, does he plan to play tonight against the Wild and keep his 552-game ironman streak alive?
“Like I said, I want to play games,” Sedin said. “That’s No. 1 and if they say it’s not going to get any worse and I’m able to play then I am going to play.”
He added: “It’s not about a streak. I have always said if you are good enough to go then you are out there and you have to play at your best. That’s my opinion.”
Sedin then pulled out a lighter and held the flame under the palm of his hand while reporters backed away slowly.
“It just shows you how tough he is,” said Canucks goalie Cory Schneider. “I know he gets a lot of crap about not being hard-nosed and gritty, but look at how many games in a row he has played and how many injuries he has played through. I don’t think people realize the sacrifices he makes.”
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 33
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 28
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 15
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22