Feb 9, 2012, 3:23 PM EDT
So, does he plan to play tonight against the Wild and keep his 552-game ironman streak alive?
“Like I said, I want to play games,” Sedin said. “That’s No. 1 and if they say it’s not going to get any worse and I’m able to play then I am going to play.”
He added: “It’s not about a streak. I have always said if you are good enough to go then you are out there and you have to play at your best. That’s my opinion.”
Sedin then pulled out a lighter and held the flame under the palm of his hand while reporters backed away slowly.
“It just shows you how tough he is,” said Canucks goalie Cory Schneider. “I know he gets a lot of crap about not being hard-nosed and gritty, but look at how many games in a row he has played and how many injuries he has played through. I don’t think people realize the sacrifices he makes.”
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5