Feb 9, 2012, 9:25 PM EST
Scott Hartnell has had an All-Star season in both real and fantasy terms thanks to his ability to score and agitate in stunning quantities
Tonight’s Toronto Maple Leafs-Philadelphia Flyers game put that on immediate display, as he fired a puck in the net and then “celebrated” by immediately dropping the gloves with Dion Phaneuf.
That’s two-thirds of a Gordie Howe hat trick in a matter of seconds and Hartnell completed the deal by assisting on a Claude Giroux goal about 14 minutes into the second period.
Say what you will about Hartnell, but he’s taking full advantage of skating with the talented twosome of Giroux and Jaromir Jagr this season … to the chagrin of many.
- Marian Gaborik suffers broken collarbone in return to action 8
- Martin Jones improves to 8-0-0, ties NHL record 18
- Vermette gets hat trick, including late tying goal, OT winner 2
- GM Wilson: It’s too early to tell if Hertl’s season is done 26
- A month later, Martin Erat still wants to be traded 11
- Devils lose Brunner for at least four weeks 0
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 37
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (108)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ (72)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)
- Video: Marchand taunts Canucks with championship miming (69)