Feb 9, 2012, 9:25 PM EDT
Scott Hartnell has had an All-Star season in both real and fantasy terms thanks to his ability to score and agitate in stunning quantities
Tonight’s Toronto Maple Leafs-Philadelphia Flyers game put that on immediate display, as he fired a puck in the net and then “celebrated” by immediately dropping the gloves with Dion Phaneuf.
That’s two-thirds of a Gordie Howe hat trick in a matter of seconds and Hartnell completed the deal by assisting on a Claude Giroux goal about 14 minutes into the second period.
Say what you will about Hartnell, but he’s taking full advantage of skating with the talented twosome of Giroux and Jaromir Jagr this season … to the chagrin of many.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)