Feb 9, 2012, 9:25 PM EDT
Scott Hartnell has had an All-Star season in both real and fantasy terms thanks to his ability to score and agitate in stunning quantities
Tonight’s Toronto Maple Leafs-Philadelphia Flyers game put that on immediate display, as he fired a puck in the net and then “celebrated” by immediately dropping the gloves with Dion Phaneuf.
That’s two-thirds of a Gordie Howe hat trick in a matter of seconds and Hartnell completed the deal by assisting on a Claude Giroux goal about 14 minutes into the second period.
Say what you will about Hartnell, but he’s taking full advantage of skating with the talented twosome of Giroux and Jaromir Jagr this season … to the chagrin of many.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)