Feb 9, 2012, 9:25 PM EDT
Scott Hartnell has had an All-Star season in both real and fantasy terms thanks to his ability to score and agitate in stunning quantities
Tonight’s Toronto Maple Leafs-Philadelphia Flyers game put that on immediate display, as he fired a puck in the net and then “celebrated” by immediately dropping the gloves with Dion Phaneuf.
That’s two-thirds of a Gordie Howe hat trick in a matter of seconds and Hartnell completed the deal by assisting on a Claude Giroux goal about 14 minutes into the second period.
Say what you will about Hartnell, but he’s taking full advantage of skating with the talented twosome of Giroux and Jaromir Jagr this season … to the chagrin of many.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 16
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13