Feb 9, 2012, 9:25 PM EDT
Scott Hartnell has had an All-Star season in both real and fantasy terms thanks to his ability to score and agitate in stunning quantities
Tonight’s Toronto Maple Leafs-Philadelphia Flyers game put that on immediate display, as he fired a puck in the net and then “celebrated” by immediately dropping the gloves with Dion Phaneuf.
That’s two-thirds of a Gordie Howe hat trick in a matter of seconds and Hartnell completed the deal by assisting on a Claude Giroux goal about 14 minutes into the second period.
Say what you will about Hartnell, but he’s taking full advantage of skating with the talented twosome of Giroux and Jaromir Jagr this season … to the chagrin of many.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 6
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22