Feb 9, 2012, 1:54 PM EST
The talk of a Schenn reunion in Philly — the City of Brotherly Love! — has been bandied about for a while, with many media outlets speculating Flyers forward James van Riemsdyk could be sent to Toronto in exchange.
Philadelphia has been searching for defensive help since captain Chris Pronger was lost to a concussion and Luke could be a viable solution — while his minutes in Toronto have decreased with the additions of blueliners John-Michael Liles and Jake Gardiner, Luke has still managed 15 points and a plus-nine rating in just over 16 minutes of ice time per game.
Both Schenns have spoken enthusiastically about the idea of playing together, yet tempered expectations of it actually happening.
“We were the Red Wings in Saskatoon,” Brayden said, referring to their minor hockey days in Saskatchewan. “It would be awesome to play with my brother. Ever since Day One we always wanted to. But that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. Like I said before, rumors are rumors.”
Said Luke: “One day it would be cool to play together down the road. But right now I’m happy in Toronto and would love to be a part of the Leafs organization. In saying that, you also can’t control what goes on as far as trades go and the trade deadline . . . Anyone can get traded.”
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11