Feb 9, 2012, 1:54 PM EDT
The talk of a Schenn reunion in Philly — the City of Brotherly Love! — has been bandied about for a while, with many media outlets speculating Flyers forward James van Riemsdyk could be sent to Toronto in exchange.
Philadelphia has been searching for defensive help since captain Chris Pronger was lost to a concussion and Luke could be a viable solution — while his minutes in Toronto have decreased with the additions of blueliners John-Michael Liles and Jake Gardiner, Luke has still managed 15 points and a plus-nine rating in just over 16 minutes of ice time per game.
Both Schenns have spoken enthusiastically about the idea of playing together, yet tempered expectations of it actually happening.
“We were the Red Wings in Saskatoon,” Brayden said, referring to their minor hockey days in Saskatchewan. “It would be awesome to play with my brother. Ever since Day One we always wanted to. But that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. Like I said before, rumors are rumors.”
Said Luke: “One day it would be cool to play together down the road. But right now I’m happy in Toronto and would love to be a part of the Leafs organization. In saying that, you also can’t control what goes on as far as trades go and the trade deadline . . . Anyone can get traded.”
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)