Feb 9, 2012, 1:54 PM EDT
The talk of a Schenn reunion in Philly — the City of Brotherly Love! — has been bandied about for a while, with many media outlets speculating Flyers forward James van Riemsdyk could be sent to Toronto in exchange.
Philadelphia has been searching for defensive help since captain Chris Pronger was lost to a concussion and Luke could be a viable solution — while his minutes in Toronto have decreased with the additions of blueliners John-Michael Liles and Jake Gardiner, Luke has still managed 15 points and a plus-nine rating in just over 16 minutes of ice time per game.
Both Schenns have spoken enthusiastically about the idea of playing together, yet tempered expectations of it actually happening.
“We were the Red Wings in Saskatoon,” Brayden said, referring to their minor hockey days in Saskatchewan. “It would be awesome to play with my brother. Ever since Day One we always wanted to. But that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. Like I said before, rumors are rumors.”
Said Luke: “One day it would be cool to play together down the road. But right now I’m happy in Toronto and would love to be a part of the Leafs organization. In saying that, you also can’t control what goes on as far as trades go and the trade deadline . . . Anyone can get traded.”
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)