Feb 9, 2012, 1:54 PM EST
The talk of a Schenn reunion in Philly — the City of Brotherly Love! — has been bandied about for a while, with many media outlets speculating Flyers forward James van Riemsdyk could be sent to Toronto in exchange.
Philadelphia has been searching for defensive help since captain Chris Pronger was lost to a concussion and Luke could be a viable solution — while his minutes in Toronto have decreased with the additions of blueliners John-Michael Liles and Jake Gardiner, Luke has still managed 15 points and a plus-nine rating in just over 16 minutes of ice time per game.
Both Schenns have spoken enthusiastically about the idea of playing together, yet tempered expectations of it actually happening.
“We were the Red Wings in Saskatoon,” Brayden said, referring to their minor hockey days in Saskatchewan. “It would be awesome to play with my brother. Ever since Day One we always wanted to. But that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. Like I said before, rumors are rumors.”
Said Luke: “One day it would be cool to play together down the road. But right now I’m happy in Toronto and would love to be a part of the Leafs organization. In saying that, you also can’t control what goes on as far as trades go and the trade deadline . . . Anyone can get traded.”
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 1
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 23
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 19
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 27
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 10
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)