Feb 9, 2012, 1:54 PM EST
The talk of a Schenn reunion in Philly — the City of Brotherly Love! — has been bandied about for a while, with many media outlets speculating Flyers forward James van Riemsdyk could be sent to Toronto in exchange.
Philadelphia has been searching for defensive help since captain Chris Pronger was lost to a concussion and Luke could be a viable solution — while his minutes in Toronto have decreased with the additions of blueliners John-Michael Liles and Jake Gardiner, Luke has still managed 15 points and a plus-nine rating in just over 16 minutes of ice time per game.
Both Schenns have spoken enthusiastically about the idea of playing together, yet tempered expectations of it actually happening.
“We were the Red Wings in Saskatoon,” Brayden said, referring to their minor hockey days in Saskatchewan. “It would be awesome to play with my brother. Ever since Day One we always wanted to. But that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. Like I said before, rumors are rumors.”
Said Luke: “One day it would be cool to play together down the road. But right now I’m happy in Toronto and would love to be a part of the Leafs organization. In saying that, you also can’t control what goes on as far as trades go and the trade deadline . . . Anyone can get traded.”
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 1
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 64
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 133
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (133)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (114)