Feb 8, 2012, 10:56 AM EDT
Rapper Lil’ Jon was a big time supporter of the Atlanta Thrashers. Being from Atlanta it made it easy to support the home team. Now that the Thrashers have moved to Winnipeg though, he’s taken up with someone new as he was busy hanging with the Montreal Canadiens last night in Montreal.
Considering that Lil’ Jon was even asked about buying the Thrashers last year when the team was desperate to stay in Atlanta shows that he’s at least a big enough hockey fan to care. Seeing Lil’ Jon sipping wine during the game and then later posing with P.K. Subban as well as Rene Bourque shows that it must be nice to be a celebrity.
Now if we can get Lil’ Jon to show up at the NHL Awards sometime with his giant chalice, then we’re talking about a good time.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)