Feb 8, 2012, 4:04 PM EST
“It was good to see his face,” forward Scott Hartnell said. “I saw him in the dressing room. He seemed a little down. But for him to be here and see everybody and I think it made him feel a little bit better.”
Pronger didn’t speak to the media to provide an update on his post-concussion syndrome, but returning for the playoffs doesn’t sound likely.
More from CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio:
It would appear Pronger has a couple of good days followed by severe headaches, the common denominator in post-concussion syndrome cases. That would indicate he’s no better or worse, it seems.
What was encouraging here is that Pronger came by to see his teammates. He has been a virtual recluse since December and fighting depression, another common side-effect.
The Flyers have predictably had their issues minus one of the top shutdown defensemen in the NHL. Only eight teams have surrendered more goals per game, a statistic that leaves you wondering if Philadelphia’s a legitimate Cup contender without its captain in the lineup.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 19
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)