Feb 8, 2012, 4:04 PM EDT
“It was good to see his face,” forward Scott Hartnell said. “I saw him in the dressing room. He seemed a little down. But for him to be here and see everybody and I think it made him feel a little bit better.”
Pronger didn’t speak to the media to provide an update on his post-concussion syndrome, but returning for the playoffs doesn’t sound likely.
More from CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio:
It would appear Pronger has a couple of good days followed by severe headaches, the common denominator in post-concussion syndrome cases. That would indicate he’s no better or worse, it seems.
What was encouraging here is that Pronger came by to see his teammates. He has been a virtual recluse since December and fighting depression, another common side-effect.
The Flyers have predictably had their issues minus one of the top shutdown defensemen in the NHL. Only eight teams have surrendered more goals per game, a statistic that leaves you wondering if Philadelphia’s a legitimate Cup contender without its captain in the lineup.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 29
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)