Feb 8, 2012, 4:04 PM EST
“It was good to see his face,” forward Scott Hartnell said. “I saw him in the dressing room. He seemed a little down. But for him to be here and see everybody and I think it made him feel a little bit better.”
Pronger didn’t speak to the media to provide an update on his post-concussion syndrome, but returning for the playoffs doesn’t sound likely.
More from CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio:
It would appear Pronger has a couple of good days followed by severe headaches, the common denominator in post-concussion syndrome cases. That would indicate he’s no better or worse, it seems.
What was encouraging here is that Pronger came by to see his teammates. He has been a virtual recluse since December and fighting depression, another common side-effect.
The Flyers have predictably had their issues minus one of the top shutdown defensemen in the NHL. Only eight teams have surrendered more goals per game, a statistic that leaves you wondering if Philadelphia’s a legitimate Cup contender without its captain in the lineup.
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 3
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 33
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 63
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 31
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)