Feb 8, 2012, 4:04 PM EDT
“It was good to see his face,” forward Scott Hartnell said. “I saw him in the dressing room. He seemed a little down. But for him to be here and see everybody and I think it made him feel a little bit better.”
Pronger didn’t speak to the media to provide an update on his post-concussion syndrome, but returning for the playoffs doesn’t sound likely.
More from CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio:
It would appear Pronger has a couple of good days followed by severe headaches, the common denominator in post-concussion syndrome cases. That would indicate he’s no better or worse, it seems.
What was encouraging here is that Pronger came by to see his teammates. He has been a virtual recluse since December and fighting depression, another common side-effect.
The Flyers have predictably had their issues minus one of the top shutdown defensemen in the NHL. Only eight teams have surrendered more goals per game, a statistic that leaves you wondering if Philadelphia’s a legitimate Cup contender without its captain in the lineup.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 46
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)