Feb 8, 2012, 4:04 PM EDT
“It was good to see his face,” forward Scott Hartnell said. “I saw him in the dressing room. He seemed a little down. But for him to be here and see everybody and I think it made him feel a little bit better.”
Pronger didn’t speak to the media to provide an update on his post-concussion syndrome, but returning for the playoffs doesn’t sound likely.
More from CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio:
It would appear Pronger has a couple of good days followed by severe headaches, the common denominator in post-concussion syndrome cases. That would indicate he’s no better or worse, it seems.
What was encouraging here is that Pronger came by to see his teammates. He has been a virtual recluse since December and fighting depression, another common side-effect.
The Flyers have predictably had their issues minus one of the top shutdown defensemen in the NHL. Only eight teams have surrendered more goals per game, a statistic that leaves you wondering if Philadelphia’s a legitimate Cup contender without its captain in the lineup.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)