Feb 8, 2012, 10:07 AM EDT
The ever-changing status of Jimmy Howard‘s busted finger continues onward.
Ken Holland tells Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press that there’s a possibility that Howard may be cleared to play for the weekend. Considering that Howard went from missing a couple games, to being out two weeks, and ultimately out up to 4-6 weeks this just makes sense that things might change again.
Holland is holding out hope however.
“If the doctor tells him today he can practice, and he can get his equipment worked out, we think he’ll be ready to play very soon,” Holland said.
The Red Wings have a game on Friday night against Anaheim and Sunday against Philadelphia and if they can get Howard back by at least Sunday, they’ll be in much better shape to handle the high-scoring Flyers.
The thought of going further into the season with Ty Conklin or Joey MacDonald can’t be all that appealing to Holland and the rest of the Wings and while they’re not going to rush Howard back, if they can get a shortcut to having him back in the net they’ll take it.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 0
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)