Feb 8, 2012, 10:07 AM EST
The ever-changing status of Jimmy Howard‘s busted finger continues onward.
Ken Holland tells Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press that there’s a possibility that Howard may be cleared to play for the weekend. Considering that Howard went from missing a couple games, to being out two weeks, and ultimately out up to 4-6 weeks this just makes sense that things might change again.
Holland is holding out hope however.
“If the doctor tells him today he can practice, and he can get his equipment worked out, we think he’ll be ready to play very soon,” Holland said.
The Red Wings have a game on Friday night against Anaheim and Sunday against Philadelphia and if they can get Howard back by at least Sunday, they’ll be in much better shape to handle the high-scoring Flyers.
The thought of going further into the season with Ty Conklin or Joey MacDonald can’t be all that appealing to Holland and the rest of the Wings and while they’re not going to rush Howard back, if they can get a shortcut to having him back in the net they’ll take it.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)