Feb 8, 2012, 10:07 AM EDT
The ever-changing status of Jimmy Howard‘s busted finger continues onward.
Ken Holland tells Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press that there’s a possibility that Howard may be cleared to play for the weekend. Considering that Howard went from missing a couple games, to being out two weeks, and ultimately out up to 4-6 weeks this just makes sense that things might change again.
Holland is holding out hope however.
“If the doctor tells him today he can practice, and he can get his equipment worked out, we think he’ll be ready to play very soon,” Holland said.
The Red Wings have a game on Friday night against Anaheim and Sunday against Philadelphia and if they can get Howard back by at least Sunday, they’ll be in much better shape to handle the high-scoring Flyers.
The thought of going further into the season with Ty Conklin or Joey MacDonald can’t be all that appealing to Holland and the rest of the Wings and while they’re not going to rush Howard back, if they can get a shortcut to having him back in the net they’ll take it.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 19
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 71
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 66
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (71)