Feb 8, 2012, 8:11 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks either are unaware or aren’t giving much of an update on Henrik Sedin‘s wonky ankle. TSN’s Darren Dreger reports that the the team provided a tiny morsel of information, though: Sedin is currently listed as day-to-day.
Day-to-day is a borderline comical reading because it can mean whatever a team wants it to mean. We’ve all seen day-to-day injuries match the assumed meaning (a minor issue resolved within a week), but there have been plenty that stretched to months or even became season-ending nightmares.
It’s not wholly a matter of smoke and mirrors from teams, though, as certain ailments really can be mysterious.
Still, if you’re a Canucks fan or own Henrik Sedin in a fantasy league, the basic update amounts to a standardized shoulder shrug.
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 0
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 25
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 16
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 69
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 57
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (69)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (57)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)