Feb 8, 2012, 8:11 PM EST
The Vancouver Canucks either are unaware or aren’t giving much of an update on Henrik Sedin‘s wonky ankle. TSN’s Darren Dreger reports that the the team provided a tiny morsel of information, though: Sedin is currently listed as day-to-day.
Day-to-day is a borderline comical reading because it can mean whatever a team wants it to mean. We’ve all seen day-to-day injuries match the assumed meaning (a minor issue resolved within a week), but there have been plenty that stretched to months or even became season-ending nightmares.
It’s not wholly a matter of smoke and mirrors from teams, though, as certain ailments really can be mysterious.
Still, if you’re a Canucks fan or own Henrik Sedin in a fantasy league, the basic update amounts to a standardized shoulder shrug.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 37
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 24
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 43
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 84
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)