Feb 8, 2012, 8:11 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks either are unaware or aren’t giving much of an update on Henrik Sedin‘s wonky ankle. TSN’s Darren Dreger reports that the the team provided a tiny morsel of information, though: Sedin is currently listed as day-to-day.
Day-to-day is a borderline comical reading because it can mean whatever a team wants it to mean. We’ve all seen day-to-day injuries match the assumed meaning (a minor issue resolved within a week), but there have been plenty that stretched to months or even became season-ending nightmares.
It’s not wholly a matter of smoke and mirrors from teams, though, as certain ailments really can be mysterious.
Still, if you’re a Canucks fan or own Henrik Sedin in a fantasy league, the basic update amounts to a standardized shoulder shrug.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)