Feb 8, 2012, 8:11 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks either are unaware or aren’t giving much of an update on Henrik Sedin‘s wonky ankle. TSN’s Darren Dreger reports that the the team provided a tiny morsel of information, though: Sedin is currently listed as day-to-day.
Day-to-day is a borderline comical reading because it can mean whatever a team wants it to mean. We’ve all seen day-to-day injuries match the assumed meaning (a minor issue resolved within a week), but there have been plenty that stretched to months or even became season-ending nightmares.
It’s not wholly a matter of smoke and mirrors from teams, though, as certain ailments really can be mysterious.
Still, if you’re a Canucks fan or own Henrik Sedin in a fantasy league, the basic update amounts to a standardized shoulder shrug.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 12
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 21
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (94)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)