Feb 8, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
Henrik Sedin’s streak of 552 consecutive games played appears to be in jeopardy – the Canucks’ captain was spotted wearing a walking boot today in St. Paul, where Vancouver will take on the Wild tomorrow at the Xcel Energy Center.
The injury presumably occurred yesterday in Nashville when Sedin took a hard slap shot off the ankle. He’s reportedly had, or will have, a CT scan today.
Sedin’s ironman streak is a Canucks record and second in the NHL among active players to Calgary’s Jay Bouwmeester (559).
The last time Sedin missed a game was in March of 2004 when he was forced out of the lineup with an abdominal strain. In fact, he may have suffered the injury on March 8, 2004 against Colorado – the same game Todd Bertuzzi attacked Steve Moore. (Sedin sat out Vancouver’s next game, came back for one, missed four straight, and hasn’t missed one since.)
More important than any ironman streak, however, is Sedin’s health with the playoffs just a couple of months away.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (83)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)