Feb 8, 2012, 1:14 PM EDT
Yesterday, Dunkin’ Donuts announced the renewal of its sponsorship deal with Boston Bruins sophomore sensation Tyler Seguin. The agreement includes Seguin’s participation in various radio and social media campaigns, continued work as a brand ambassador and arm candy for some lucky girl — or guy — this Valentine’s Day.
One promotion references Sequin by the number he wears on his Bruins sweater — 19.
“Male and female fans can show their love for #19 by entering for a chance to win ‘The Romance & Bromance Tyler Seguin Sweepstakes’ by clicking on the ‘Tyler Seguin Sweeps’ tab on the Dunkin’ Donuts Facebook page through Feb. 9,” Dunkin’ said.
“Six lucky fans will win lunch with Tyler Seguin for themselves and a friend, a $19 Dunkin’ Donuts card, and Boston Bruins gear. The sweepstakes are open to Massachusetts and New Hampshire residents 18 years of age or older.”
Just in case you were questioning the authenticity and/or legitimacy of this promotion — check out what’s poppin’ on Dunkin’s Facebook page:
“Dunkin’ Donuts fueled me through last year’s season, and I’m thrilled that we’ll continue to work together in 2012,” Seguin said in a statement. “I particularly enjoyed the community involvement through my work with Dunkin’ Donuts last year and look forward to meeting even more Bruins and Dunkin’ fans through the partnership.”
Seguin then took a deep breath and prepped himself for his Valentine’s Day date with Shawn, a 19-year-old B’s fan from Marblehead.
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 3
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 24
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 20
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 18
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 14
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)