Feb 8, 2012, 1:14 PM EST
Yesterday, Dunkin’ Donuts announced the renewal of its sponsorship deal with Boston Bruins sophomore sensation Tyler Seguin. The agreement includes Seguin’s participation in various radio and social media campaigns, continued work as a brand ambassador and arm candy for some lucky girl — or guy — this Valentine’s Day.
One promotion references Sequin by the number he wears on his Bruins sweater — 19.
“Male and female fans can show their love for #19 by entering for a chance to win ‘The Romance & Bromance Tyler Seguin Sweepstakes’ by clicking on the ‘Tyler Seguin Sweeps’ tab on the Dunkin’ Donuts Facebook page through Feb. 9,” Dunkin’ said.
“Six lucky fans will win lunch with Tyler Seguin for themselves and a friend, a $19 Dunkin’ Donuts card, and Boston Bruins gear. The sweepstakes are open to Massachusetts and New Hampshire residents 18 years of age or older.”
Just in case you were questioning the authenticity and/or legitimacy of this promotion — check out what’s poppin’ on Dunkin’s Facebook page:
“Dunkin’ Donuts fueled me through last year’s season, and I’m thrilled that we’ll continue to work together in 2012,” Seguin said in a statement. “I particularly enjoyed the community involvement through my work with Dunkin’ Donuts last year and look forward to meeting even more Bruins and Dunkin’ fans through the partnership.”
Seguin then took a deep breath and prepped himself for his Valentine’s Day date with Shawn, a 19-year-old B’s fan from Marblehead.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)