Feb 8, 2012, 1:14 PM EDT
Yesterday, Dunkin’ Donuts announced the renewal of its sponsorship deal with Boston Bruins sophomore sensation Tyler Seguin. The agreement includes Seguin’s participation in various radio and social media campaigns, continued work as a brand ambassador and arm candy for some lucky girl — or guy — this Valentine’s Day.
One promotion references Sequin by the number he wears on his Bruins sweater — 19.
“Male and female fans can show their love for #19 by entering for a chance to win ‘The Romance & Bromance Tyler Seguin Sweepstakes’ by clicking on the ‘Tyler Seguin Sweeps’ tab on the Dunkin’ Donuts Facebook page through Feb. 9,” Dunkin’ said.
“Six lucky fans will win lunch with Tyler Seguin for themselves and a friend, a $19 Dunkin’ Donuts card, and Boston Bruins gear. The sweepstakes are open to Massachusetts and New Hampshire residents 18 years of age or older.”
Just in case you were questioning the authenticity and/or legitimacy of this promotion — check out what’s poppin’ on Dunkin’s Facebook page:
“Dunkin’ Donuts fueled me through last year’s season, and I’m thrilled that we’ll continue to work together in 2012,” Seguin said in a statement. “I particularly enjoyed the community involvement through my work with Dunkin’ Donuts last year and look forward to meeting even more Bruins and Dunkin’ fans through the partnership.”
Seguin then took a deep breath and prepped himself for his Valentine’s Day date with Shawn, a 19-year-old B’s fan from Marblehead.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54