Feb 8, 2012, 1:14 PM EST
Yesterday, Dunkin’ Donuts announced the renewal of its sponsorship deal with Boston Bruins sophomore sensation Tyler Seguin. The agreement includes Seguin’s participation in various radio and social media campaigns, continued work as a brand ambassador and arm candy for some lucky girl — or guy — this Valentine’s Day.
One promotion references Sequin by the number he wears on his Bruins sweater — 19.
“Male and female fans can show their love for #19 by entering for a chance to win ‘The Romance & Bromance Tyler Seguin Sweepstakes’ by clicking on the ‘Tyler Seguin Sweeps’ tab on the Dunkin’ Donuts Facebook page through Feb. 9,” Dunkin’ said.
“Six lucky fans will win lunch with Tyler Seguin for themselves and a friend, a $19 Dunkin’ Donuts card, and Boston Bruins gear. The sweepstakes are open to Massachusetts and New Hampshire residents 18 years of age or older.”
Just in case you were questioning the authenticity and/or legitimacy of this promotion — check out what’s poppin’ on Dunkin’s Facebook page:
“Dunkin’ Donuts fueled me through last year’s season, and I’m thrilled that we’ll continue to work together in 2012,” Seguin said in a statement. “I particularly enjoyed the community involvement through my work with Dunkin’ Donuts last year and look forward to meeting even more Bruins and Dunkin’ fans through the partnership.”
Seguin then took a deep breath and prepped himself for his Valentine’s Day date with Shawn, a 19-year-old B’s fan from Marblehead.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 16
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)