Feb 8, 2012, 8:25 AM EDT
If Evgeni Malkin winds up being the league MVP this year, you can almost assuredly guarantee that his shootout goal against Montreal last night will be part of the highlight package.
Malkin took his turn during the shootout hoping to even things up and boy did he ever. Malkin busted out the spin-o-rama on Canadiens goalie Carey Price who was helpless to defend against Malkin’s silky smooth moves.
Unfortunately for Pittsburgh, Malkin’s goal was the highlight off the shootout as the Canadiens wound up winning the game in the skills competition after Tomas Plekanec ended it in the seventh round. After all those attempts, however, it’s Malkin’s goal that we’re left stunned by today.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 1
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 20
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 39
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)