Feb 8, 2012, 8:25 AM EST
If Evgeni Malkin winds up being the league MVP this year, you can almost assuredly guarantee that his shootout goal against Montreal last night will be part of the highlight package.
Malkin took his turn during the shootout hoping to even things up and boy did he ever. Malkin busted out the spin-o-rama on Canadiens goalie Carey Price who was helpless to defend against Malkin’s silky smooth moves.
Unfortunately for Pittsburgh, Malkin’s goal was the highlight off the shootout as the Canadiens wound up winning the game in the skills competition after Tomas Plekanec ended it in the seventh round. After all those attempts, however, it’s Malkin’s goal that we’re left stunned by today.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)