Feb 8, 2012, 8:25 AM EDT
If Evgeni Malkin winds up being the league MVP this year, you can almost assuredly guarantee that his shootout goal against Montreal last night will be part of the highlight package.
Malkin took his turn during the shootout hoping to even things up and boy did he ever. Malkin busted out the spin-o-rama on Canadiens goalie Carey Price who was helpless to defend against Malkin’s silky smooth moves.
Unfortunately for Pittsburgh, Malkin’s goal was the highlight off the shootout as the Canadiens wound up winning the game in the skills competition after Tomas Plekanec ended it in the seventh round. After all those attempts, however, it’s Malkin’s goal that we’re left stunned by today.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 78
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50