Feb 8, 2012, 8:25 AM EDT
If Evgeni Malkin winds up being the league MVP this year, you can almost assuredly guarantee that his shootout goal against Montreal last night will be part of the highlight package.
Malkin took his turn during the shootout hoping to even things up and boy did he ever. Malkin busted out the spin-o-rama on Canadiens goalie Carey Price who was helpless to defend against Malkin’s silky smooth moves.
Unfortunately for Pittsburgh, Malkin’s goal was the highlight off the shootout as the Canadiens wound up winning the game in the skills competition after Tomas Plekanec ended it in the seventh round. After all those attempts, however, it’s Malkin’s goal that we’re left stunned by today.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 78
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (82)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)