Feb 8, 2012, 8:25 AM EDT
If Evgeni Malkin winds up being the league MVP this year, you can almost assuredly guarantee that his shootout goal against Montreal last night will be part of the highlight package.
Malkin took his turn during the shootout hoping to even things up and boy did he ever. Malkin busted out the spin-o-rama on Canadiens goalie Carey Price who was helpless to defend against Malkin’s silky smooth moves.
Unfortunately for Pittsburgh, Malkin’s goal was the highlight off the shootout as the Canadiens wound up winning the game in the skills competition after Tomas Plekanec ended it in the seventh round. After all those attempts, however, it’s Malkin’s goal that we’re left stunned by today.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)